Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this position is responsible for coordinating the effective and efficient delivery of recreation program services. These duties include implementing recreation facility programs, acting as a resource to all community recreation groups and the general public, developing and implementing new and existing recreation programming. Our ideal candidate will have a solid background and understanding of sport and recreation. Familiarity with communications and social media would be a bonus, but attitude, ability, and willingness to learn are even more important.
Qualifications: please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications:
· Minimum Grade 12 graduate with post-secondary coursework or work experience in Recreation or related field; or 2 years’ experience in Municipal Services and Programs.
· A degree or diploma in Recreation or Sport Management would be an asset.
· Computer training or experience with word processing, graphics software and internet browsers.
· Experience in event and community planning.
· Basic knowledge of funding agencies and associated requirements.
· Ability to plan, supervise, develop, implement and evaluate recreational programs.
· Experience in conflict management, mediation and problem solving.
· Financial experience in developing and administering proposals and budgets
· Experience in managing a diverse team
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and good judgment.
· Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage stress effectively.
· Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
· Ability and desire to resolve conflicts and foster unity.
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
· Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff, and the general public.
· Desire and ability to provide strong leadership and motivate people.
· Willingness to work flexible hours.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Licenses, Certificates and Courses Required
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License
· Standard First Aid and Level C CPR (or willingness to obtain)
Interested applicants are invited to submit by 4pm, March 15th, 2020, their resume and cover letter electronically to the undersigned marked “Personal & Confidential”
The Village of Carmacks thanks all applicants for their interest, only applicants successfully screened in for interviews will be contacted.
A detailed job description is available
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Reference ID: Village of Carmacks Recreation Director
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $56,550.00 to $67,782.00 /year
- Recreation or Related : 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)