Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
We invite you to come and work in our COVID Vaccination Clinic and make a difference in your community. Reporting to the Manager of the COVID Vaccination Clinic, the Clinic Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the Clinic Screeners and the daily operations of the Vaccination Clinic at SHN. The successful candidate must be available to work days, evening and weekends shifts, with flexibility to cover additional shifts as required. Please note the schedule and hours of work may change due to operational needs.
This Job Posting is posted under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act - Bill 195.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Manage clinic staff, delegating responsibilities
- Create staffing schedule
- Ensure that patient data is input accurately in the software and troubleshooting errors
- Manage clinic email inbox and responding to client email inquiries
- Email clients a copy of their vaccination record upon request for lost records
- Oversee and troubleshoots conflicts/ errors with patient Check-ins and Check-outs
- Ensure all clinic staff and vaccination clients follow proper precautionary measures and wear the correct protective apparel as required.
- Ensure patient confidentiality and privacy is adhered to as per PHIPA and SHN’s policies and procedures
- Collaborating with Pharmacy and Charge nurse for inventory/ dose management
- De-escalation of client concerns, supporting clinic staff in difficult interactions
- Ministry of Health platform troubleshooting, corrections
- Requesting system access for new Vaccinator, Site Staff
- Coordinates with mobile clinic leads
- Regular communication/ reporting to Clinic Manager
- Successful completion of a College/University Degree and relevant background in healthcare, health administration or clinic management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability for excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities at once
- Availability to work 12-hr shifts (days and weekends)
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Willingness to wear protective apparel (mask, gloves and gowns) and abide by requirements prescribed for their respective use
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Demonstrates a high level of maturity and professional attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Openness to feedback and continuous process development
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Sound judgment and conflict management skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to speak a second language(s) is considered an asset
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated ability for collaboration with a variety of health professionals
- Managerial experience is an asset
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN's Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers