What is the job?
The Virtual Reality Specialist will oversee the full administrative management of our VR training technology. The role will focus on ensuring our content on the platform is up to do date by working with the platform provider (ModestTree). Working closely with our Renewable Energy Facility Operators, both solar and wind technicians, the successful candidate will be spending time on-site getting to know the business and evaluating the effectiveness of our VR program. In addition to managing our VR training program, this role is also responsible for conducting data analysis to support our solar remote operations center. As a data analyst this role is an expert in improving results and value through delivery of impactful analytical insights, reports and dashboards, data visualizations, predictive models, and statistical analysis.
Contract end date:
March 31st, 2022
Who do we need?
- A people person. Be motivated by working with people and creating lasting change in a team environment.
- Get technical and get your hands dirty. We are a team of doers, entrepreneurs at heart and field centric pros.
- Make change for generations. We work with wind, solar, batter storage and EV infrastructure in a constantly changing and dynamic energy industry.
What is the mission?
- Our field engineers and technicians are needing to constantly adapt to changing technologies and systems in the renewable energy industry. We are building a state-of-the-art training program using virtual and augmented reality software and hardware.
- The successful candidate will work with our team to design, implement and manage our virtual and augmented reality training program. This can involve climbing 350 ft. to the top of a wind turbine or walking miles in a solar farm.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Managing the administration and user adoption of our VR training program.
- Onboarding employees onto the platform and ensuring they are trained on how to use the system correctly.
- Acting as the central point of contact for all questions and trouble shooting to solve technical problems.
- Working directly with our platform provider to modify and develop content further.
- Acting as the system administrator and the central point of contact for our platform provider.
- Ensuring the efficient on-going system use by managing licenses.
- Gathering feedback from employees and branches on the VR training program, addressing areas of improvement, and continually enhancing the program.
- Conducting a needs assessment to understand other areas of opportunity where the VR program can add value to the business.
- Working directly with internal teams on how to further leverage VR training within the overall Training and Development company strategy (i.e., coordination with the LMS etc.).
- Assisting in developing an execution plan for MySQL database migration/upgrade for SCADA, assets, and business operations databases.
- Developing python scripting for various functions related to data transformation, reporting, and visualization; and
- Assisting in the planning and development of web-based user interfaces for data visualization.
What technical skills are required?
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineer or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years of experience in a AR/VR training environment and data analysis, an asset
- Database query language (SQL) and relational database performance and management experience considered an asset.
- Python/Jython Scripting, also an asset.
- Web UI/UX Design (mobile responsive), CSS, HTML5 exposure and experience considered an asset.
- Basically, if you can code in a bunch of languages and can handle some hardware, we would like to have you join the squad. Ideally, you are a believer (in renewables). The rest of the technical stuff, we'll teach you or you'll self learn if you're the right person.
Who are we?
Spark Power Group Inc., (“Spark Power”) is committed to becoming the Trusted Partner in Power and the leading independent and integrated power solutions provider to the industrial, commercial, institutional, and utility markets across North America. Spark delivers cost-effective, customer-centric solutions that address cost, quality, reliability, and power sustainability to integrate new technologies and help transition our customers to the grid of the future. Learn more at www.sparkpowercorp.com (http://www.sparkpowercorp.com/) and Like us on social @SparkPowerCorp