Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Position Overview:Position Overview:
The primary responsibilities of the Clinic Screener role will include the below:
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
- Pre-registering patients into the provincial COVAX tool and booking the initial appointment
- Checking patients into the clinic and entering patient demographic information into the provincial COVAX tool
- Check-in and check-out patients into the provincial COVAX tool and in the clinic
- Ensuring the appropriate documentation, including consent forms have been completed
- Printing and/or emailing patients a copy of their vaccination record
- Scheduling patients for their second appointment
- Providing patients with discharge instructions
- Ensure all persons entering the facility follow proper precautionary measures and wear the correct protective apparel as required
- Ensure patient confidentiality and privacy is adhered to as per PHIPA and SHN’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that patient data is inputted accurately in the software
- Directing individuals to proper areas as needed
- Ability to escalate to triage or charge nurse for immediate assistance
- Other duties as assigned.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers