Quality Control Lead Hand
Kemflo Canada Inc, Richmond Hill ON Canadian Owned and Operated, established in 1988, has a solid reputation for the design and manufacturing of quality injection molded products.
Experienced in processing a wide range of thermoplastic resins, our capabilities enable us to work with a wide range of industries, molding parts that fit their needs. We are known for the designing of tools, pro-to-typing molding designs including post molding designs, allowing, us to provide our customers with a single complete service to see them from inception through to delivery to market
Our employees have been the driving factor of our success though team work collaboration and conviction that Kemflo Canada delivers on our commitment to be the best at what we do
Come joint our inspiring team
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the Lead Hand Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day quality operations including the implementation and monitoring of quality systems to facilitate compliance with company objectives and Customer expectations.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies/procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the warehouse or production areas.
- Ensure all products being run conform to the product specifications as outlined in CyFrame (ERP) system
- Uphold ISO 9001, 2015 standards
- Responsible for the calibration and maintenance of measuring tools
- Responsible for ensuring machine operators are operating according to standards and requirements, including safety.
- Work closely with all departments to improve quality, increase efficiencies, and eliminate out of specification or damaged product.
- Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process to insures efficiencies
- Measure products with rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers
- Perform production line QA/QC functions as required. Conduct relevant visual and dimensional inspections on raw materials and finished product.
- Rejected product must be quarantined and properly categorized and labeled
- Report inspection and test data such as weights, temperatures, grades, moisture content, and quantities inspected
- Identified issues must be reported and investigate any deviation to procedure, system or standard and assist with implementing corrective actions and follow ups.
- Develop work process and train operators on proper procedures relevant to the project.
- Communicate with other QC Technicians on issues that arise and need to be address through all three shifts and weekend
- Maintaining proper communication between other QC technicians, Lead Hands, QC Manager and Plant Manager.
- Utilize free time by assisting other technicians or production personnel, filing, preparing reagents, photocopying audit sheets, checking held products, emptying reference samples, reading micro plates, checking inventory supplies, and overseeing repacks.
- Participate or assist in internal audits on an as needed basis.
- Document reports, complaints, departmental requests and assist with all administrative functions associated with this role.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including: GMP and Company safety policies and procedures.
- Serves as interim acting job leader when project supervisor is unavailable
- Ensures all team members have proper equipment, tools, and gauges; verifies that equipment is signed out
- Follows all Health and Safety policies
- other duties as assigned
- BSc. or college diploma in Quality or Mechanical Engineering Would be considered an asset
- 1-to-3-year experience in manufacturing specializing in Quality Assurance/ Quality Control activities.
- Understand of ISO 9001 2015
- 5S methodology
- Understanding of Manufacturing best practises
- Previous experience Plastics Industry would be considered an asset.
- Manufacturing Plant Environment
- Physical-Continuously standing or walking
- Visual/Sensory-This position requires regular need to give moderate attention with one or two senses at a time.
- Work environment- Work and environment are very repetitive.
- Pronounced pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands
Only Canadian Residences will be considered.
Note: All Kemflo Canada Inc. employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with our Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Candidates will be required to show proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Kemflo Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Kemflo Canada jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact HR.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond Hill, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)