Reports to: Store Manager
Location: Edmonton, AB (West Edmonton Mall)
About the Role
At MATT & NAT, our sales associates are the friendly faces that warmly welcome our customers in-store and are the driving force behind new and ongoing sales opportunities — directly impacting our growth and success. We’re looking for a qualified Sales Associate to join our ‘winning’ team and who will play a key role in representing the company in a positive way, offering our customers the ultimate in-store shopping experience upon every visit. The ideal candidate is a passionate “people person”, customer service oriented, and an excellent communicator who has a knack for building relationships.
What you’ll do
You serve as MATT & NAT’s brand ambassador, developing and nurturing strong relationships with customers, placing high importance on brand experience and customer satisfaction:
- Warmly welcome customers in-store, answering to their queries and providing them with purchasing options based on their needs and wants.
- Assist in maintaining all visual merchandising standards and overall cleanliness and organization of the sales floor and stockroom, ensuring a welcoming, customer-friendly environment.
- Remain knowledgeable on current products, pricing, and in-store promotions, ensuring all relevant information is communicated to customers.
- Follow and achieve company and individual sales and key performance indicator (KPI) targets.
- Generate ongoing sales opportunities, implementing cross-selling strategies for suitable products.
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases, exchanges, and returns of merchandise.
- Add new customers and update current customer information in our customer database, with the objective of growing MATT & NAT’s mailing list.
- Assist with ensuring the sales floor is always adequately replenished with product and properly displayed, according to MATT & NAT standards.
- Understand and comply with company policies and procedures associated to all facets of the store.
- Assist with updating floor sets in accordance with the planograms.
- Handle any customer complaints in a patient and helpful manner, escalating any complex issues to a manager on duty.
- Perform additional related duties as needed.
Who you are
- You are a dynamic, passionate individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-motivated professional able to maintain composure and courtesy at all times.
- You are a sales and customer service oriented individual with the ability to drive results.
- You possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- You can adapt quickly to sudden changes with a positive attitude.
- You demonstrate strong teamwork skills.
- You display strong communication and interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build and maintain relationships.
- You are naturally attentive to the needs of others and enjoy helping those around you.
- You have a love for fashion.
What you’ll bring
- High school diploma.
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer service or sales role, ideally in the fashion retail environment.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals, an asset.
- Experience in visual merchandising, an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, in English.
- Familiarity of the MATT & NAT brand, company values, and understanding of our vegan beliefs.
- Ability to move and/or lift boxes and fixtures throughout the store.
- Capability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and select holidays.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)