Requisition ID: 337877
Position Number: 21000694
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Clinical Engineering - HSC
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $32.685, $34.077, $35.528, $37.093, $38.022
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
In this entry level technologist position, the incumbent is responsible for assigned daily technical support activities related to equipment and devices used within clinical, allied health and/or support service departments. The incumbent carries out assignments for repair and performance assurance and other tasks relating to: inspection of incoming equipment; assisting in new instrument development; modification of equipment; assisting in teaching the safe and proper use of electromedical and other related equipment; carrying out and assisting in administering special service programs; attending service courses, maintaining parts inventory; and performing other related duties. The incumbent may be required to test, repair, and maintain electromedical and related equipment at other facilities during normal and outside normal working hours. The incumbent carries out all tasks in a manner consistent with accepted departmental programs, policies, guidelines, and practices, and in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Graduation from an Electronics Technology or specific Biomedical Engineering Technology program required.
- Must have, or obtain within two years of incumbency, training through recognized computer hardware and software courses.
- Must be certified as an Electronic Engineering Technologist by CTTAM (Certified Technicians and Technologists Association of Manitoba Inc.) as soon as possible based on CTTAM certification requirements.
- Good English communication skills, both written and oral, and good interpersonal skills required.
- Must maintain a mature, professional manner and appearance.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision, both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in PC use and office productivity software applications such as word processor, spreadsheet and database is required.
- Position involves walking fairly long distances, long periods of standing, and lifting equipment, supplies, parts, etc. (approximately 25 kg).
- The position routinely involves working with small delicate instrumentation requiring manual dexterity and normal vision, with or without correction.
- Incumbents may be exposed to solvents used as cleaning agents for solder flux remover, switch cleaners and other chemicals used in electronic maintenance.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.