As a Grocery Shop Team Member, this position allows you the opportunity to be the best and select “the best of the best” for our online home shoppers. To be successful in the position, you must take pride in your work, care about what is selected for our customers, and be quick on your feet to determine substitute products, if need be.
Job Type / Category
- Provide high-quality customer service in accordance with Sunterra’s customer service standards and policies and procedures, both in person and over the phone or email communication opportunities.
- Accurately select groceries ordered online by customers.
- Select the highest quality products for our customers.
- Able to meet the production standards for the department.
- Able to select substitute products for customers if the ordered item is unavailable and customer elects.
- Pack bagged groceries carefully into appropriate packaging for transportation.
- Lift and carry groceries of varying weights.
- Select, scan, and pack products from all temperature zones, including products from the aisles on the sales floor.
- Able to complete daily workload with limited supervision.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Sunterra products and offerings
- Adhere to uniform and grooming policy as defined within company policy.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional communication skills and phone etiquette.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Grocery product knowledge and familiarity
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend customer orders, product and customer labels, and Company policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to work independently as well as within a large team
- Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of Sunterra products and share that knowledge with Sunterra customers
- Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance (Sunterra Team Members may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays and schedules may vary on a weekly basis.)
- Ability to comply with workplace performance and behavioral standards
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Customer service experience is required
- Constant standing/walking
- Frequent stooping, or occasional kneeling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 30lbs
Just like finishing a hard day's work on the farm, working at Sunterra will provide you with a sense of ownership, pride and the satisfaction of a job well done. You'll feel a sense of belonging when you join our growing Sunterra family as well as a sense of fulfillment as Full time and part-time Team Members will receive a discount of 50% off selected prepared foods when enjoyed in-store (these items vary by location).
The seeds of Sunterra took root on the Price family farm over forty years ago in Acme, AB. With gratitude for land that has been in their family for decades, the Price family decided to name their company after the very things that helped nourish their business - the sun and the earth - and Sunterra was born.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- customer service: 2 years (Required)
- grocery retail: 1 year (Preferred)