About Nova Cannabis
Nova Cannabis Inc. is a national cannabis retailer. We operate primarily via our Value Buds banner, which has a simple mission: deliver compelling value to cannabis consumers. Our goal is the attract, grow and retain a loyal customer base by offering high-quality cannabis products, in convenient locations at every-day low prices
About the Role
Based out of our NOVA Cannabis location, in Stony Plain, AB, we are looking for experienced Customer Experience Representatives and Keyholders who can handle curveballs like a champ. Not only will they be responsible for ensuring the store is in tip-top shape, but they’ll also become masters in everything cannabis and will be eager to share their new knowledge with our awesome customers. We’re looking for go-getters who love to meet new people and cultivate relationships and are excited to learn more about this up and coming industry.
Address: Multiple Locations
Role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet customers upon entrance; engage in conversation and build a relationship to understand specific needs
- Facilitate a welcoming and positive atmosphere for everyone in the store
- Educate customers about cannabis products, strains and consumption methods
Day to Day Operations
- Promote our culture and brand by participating in merchandising and promotional activities
- Work in partnership with Store Managers and other team members to generate sales.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge; staying up-to-date with industry legislation, trends and new products
- Participate in routine store maintenance and ensure cleanliness is a priority
- Complete customer transactions on the POS system and adhere to all cash and Loss Prevention procedures
- Monitor inventory and re-stock product regularly
- Comply with all OH&S (Occupational, Health, and Safety) policies and procedures
- Support and promote Nova Cannabis’s and AGLC’s (Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission) social responsibility programs
- Comply with Nova Cannabis’s policies, standard operating procedures, and practices
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum, 2-years of customer service experience
- Minimum, 2-years of retail and/or hospitality experience
- Cannabis, liquor or healthcare experience is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid SellSafe certification
- Valid Qualified Cannabis Worker certification
- Must complete and pass a Criminal Record Check
- Working knowledge of regulations as it pertains to selling cannabis in Alberta
Personal Characteristics and Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills; you have a positive attitude, are charismatic, and are very comfortable engaging with customers
- Ability to think on your feet and creatively problem solve
- Open-minded and constantly identifying ways to improve
- Passionate about creating a positive, memorable, and tailored experience for every customer
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a professional demeanor
- Team player who is passionate about supporting the overall success of the business
- Uphold ethics, confidentiality, and demonstrate a high level of discretion at all times
- Responsible and reliable
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have reliable transportation to commute to/from work
COVID Safety Measures
- We are currently seeking new team members to help service our customers in these unprecedented times. Across all Nova Cannabis locations, we are taking the necessary safety measures to ensure our employees and customers are offered a safe working environment and shopping experience.
These measures include (but are not limited to):
- Masks/face shields are expected to be worn by employees in all Nova Cannabis’ locations. Nova Cannabis follows local bylaws and urges customers to wear a mask while shopping in our stores.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting protocols are mandatory and in place at all stores, with high-touch surfaces being cleaned on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
- Having plexiglass shields installed at tills in all stores to provide team members working at the tills an extra barrier between them and our customers.
- Providing hand sanitizer to all stores, and gloves for any team member wanting to wear them.
- Prominent signage requiring social distancing and informing customers with symptoms not to enter the store.
- No longer allowing public use of washrooms, product returns, or reusable bags.
- Nova Cannabis has a company-wide COVID-19 hotline and incident reporting protocol, with direct support from HR and the COVID-19 Response Team for our employees.
- Restricted hours of operation in some locations.
Part-time hours: 0-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Do you live in Stony Plain, AB?
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- cannabis: 1 year (preferred)
- retail: 1 year (preferred)