Plexxus is a not-for-profit shared services organization which provides value added services to its Member and Customer hospitals.
Plexxus provides Logistics (Distribution, In-Hospital Logistics, Purchasing, Product Support, Accounts Payable), Strategic (Sourcing, Spend Management, Supplier Management, Contract Management, Innovation & Strategic Partnerships) and Support and Enablement (Information Technology, Data Governance & Management, Customer Relationship Management, Corporate (Human Resources,
Finance), Customer Support services.
VISION: Plexxus is the leading shared service organization in Canadian healthcare.
MISSION: Plexxus relentlessly delivers value to its Members and Customers through service excellence.
VALUES: Excellence, Responsive, Accountable, Collaborative
Plexxus serves a diverse group of hospitals consisting of specialty, community based, academic and research hospitals. Plexxus Member hospitals include: Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, Lakeridge Health, North York General, Sinai Health, St. Joseph’s Health Centre, Scarborough Health Network, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Michael Garron Hospital, University Health Network, and
Women’s College Hospital. Plexxus Customer hospitals include: Campbellford Memorial Hospital, Haliburton Highlands Health Services, Mackenzie Health, Markham Stouffville Hospital, Northumberland Hills Hospital, Peterborough Regional Health Centre, Ross Memorial Hospital, Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre,
Southlake Regional Health Centre, and Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
We are recruiting a Contract Specialist to work at our corporate head office in downtown Toronto and be broadly responsible for procuring products and services for University Health Network, as well as to work on a variety of special projects. Strategies, policies and procedures have been designed to maximize competition and the value of each dollar expended by the hospitals. This position will assist with investigating new sources of supply, pre-qualifying suppliers, monitoring supplier performance, preparing RFX documents, analyzing and evaluating bids while ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Review and verify product and service requests from customers
- Manage contract landscape and proactively meet with end users to review upcoming contract expiries and landscape
- Ensure the bid process is followed according to existing policies and procedures
- Develop and Issue Request for Quotation, Request for Proposal and Request for Information based on customer requirements
- Act as a RFX Bid Administrator and provide bid analysis with award recommendation as required
- Prepare load sheets for SAP
- Lead contract negotiations, amendments, contract extensions, manage Contact Management System
- Liaise between clients and vendors
- Gather and analyze supplier data and information to determine viability of new suppliers
- Ensure that business relations with suppliers are conducted according to the ethical guidelines
- Administer transactions for major supply and service agreements and equipment, which includes monitoring compliance of terms and conditions
- Review material specifications with customer groups through meetings and ongoing communication with suppliers to acquire the best value (cost, quality, delivery, warranty) for material and services
- Advise customers of marketplace information through general discussions and/or meetings.
Distribute pertinent information and literature (e.g. product catalogues, pricing guidelines, supplier information)
- Provide timely communication of project status with internal and external customers and escalate issues to Team Lead /Manager as appropriate
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Align to the Plexxus category model
- Track and report cost savings based on established guidelines
- Enter data into the contracts system and maintain accurate records (in line with BPS)
- Coordinate evaluations when necessary
- Assist in maintaining adequate department coverage to ensure departmental standards are upheld
- Coordinate duties for the hospitals’ SPEC Committee
- Lead and coordinate project activities as required
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a purchasing/sourcing environment
- Health care experience preferred
- University degree in business related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- C.P.P., CSCMP or CPIM designation an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a high level of customer service & continuous improvement
- Experience in negotiating and administering terms and conditions of purchase orders and formal contracts required
- Demonstrated ability to organize, control and coordinate a variety of activities in a fast paced, team- oriented environment
- Knowledge and experience in materials provisioning, and an understanding of business and legal issues
- Excellent communication and analytical abilities
- Mathematical aptitude and proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Previous SAP, Ariba and Contract Management software experience would be an asset
- Strategic Business Thinking – ability to understand business implications of decisions and to improve company performance
- Customer Focus – genuine desire to meet customer needs and expectations, and to teach others to do the same
- Relationship Building – works to build or maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders whose cooperation is important to present or future success
- Self Confidence
- Organizational Commitment – ability and willingness to align one’s own behavior with the needs, beliefs and values of the organization
- Flexibility – genuine desire to be flexible and accepting of change
- Teamwork – works collaboratively with others within a team or with colleagues to achieve common objectives
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – the ability to interact effectively with other individuals and groups, including the ability to listen, comprehend and respond accordingly and thoughtfully
While Plexxus thanks all applicants, we advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Plexxus is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants who are selected for an interview are advised that accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes used in the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Physical distancing and precautions mandated by the provincial government.
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
- Sourcing: 3 years (preferred)
- contract negotiation: 3 years (preferred)