KGO Group Ltd is a global manufacturer and the supplier of choice for chemical processing, feed, blending, and metering systems. We serve clients in the mining, pulp & paper, biogas, municipal and chemical OEM markets.
Our Mechanical Design group has an opening for a Process Equipment and System Mechanical Designer. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the engineering department including design, research, documentation, estimating and process improvement. The position will span all elements of the project life cycle inclusive of preliminary and final design and accurate component details for procurement and fabrication. You will report to the General Manager and collaborate with the Project, Applications and Quality Managers, Purchasing and Production Teams to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
We offer a friendly work environment with a team dedicated to quality, reliability, and innovation.
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet scheduled timelines
- Design System/Equipment based on client specifications, company procedures, codes & standards.
- Using Solid Works design software, create and maintain detailed 3D solid models, 2D CAD Part/Assembly drawings and bills of material and ensure that the design files are stored in accordance with departmental procedure.
- Use MRP (Material Resource Planning System) to create bills of manufacturing, routings, and input inventory items
- Complete Engineering Change Requests
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturing department and provide technical design details as required
- Self-Motivated to initiate decisions in the areas of components, system, and assembly designs
- Check work using Geometric Dimensions & Tolerances (GD&T) and Design Review to maintain a high level of quality
- Use site-visit feedback and data along with external resources to develop, upgrade and improve existing designs
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, colleges and technical institutes certificate and associate degrees in mechanical design technology or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Mechanical design of pump, piping, and structural equipment/ related to chemical feed and bulk handling systems
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and Inventor Software
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Ability to interpret Piping, Instrumentation, Pump and Process Flow Drawings and Diagrams
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects while maintaining high-quality results
- The capability of meeting deadlines and working independently when required
- Knowledge of welding classifications – Structural (CWB 47.1) & Piping (B31.3)
- Read provided specifications, and interpret client requirements
- Strong computer skills focusing on Microsoft Office, MRP/ERP, and Project Management Software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change
- Experience in Mining, Pulp & Paper, Wastewater or Biogas Industries is an asset
What we offer.
- Competitive base pay
- Challenging work
- Reputation as a good employer
- Steady workflow
To find out more about our company visit our website - www.kgogroup.com
This position will require some travel throughout North America, assisting in equipment start-up and troubleshooting.
Thank you for your interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Preference to Halton Region Applicants. - No phone calls or agents, please.
Extended health care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oakville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)