Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector committed to helping older adults live life to the fullest. Through its portfolio of partnerships, Revera owns or operates more than 500 properties across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, offering seniors' apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care.
Join us as an energetic, vibrant and creative leader to oversee and manage the Recreation Department. With your creativity and enthusiasm, we can partner to develop and deliver engaging and entertaining programs for our residents. Your expertise will encourage our residents to participate in programs that enhance their health and well-being while inspiring them to live life to the fullest!
In this role you will be focused on:
What You Will Do:
- Assessing residents' needs and developing programs to meet these needs
- Achieving Resident Satisfaction Survey targets
- Evaluating and improving recreation programs
- Facilitating various programs and events for residents
- Living our values and ensuring others on your team do to
- Grow and evaluate an active volunteer program to support residence needs
Collaborate - Work with the Executive Director, residents and staff to develop engaging recreation programs that meet the needs of the residents.
Manage - Effectively manage staff and volunteers within approved budgets.
Roll-up your sleeves - To facilitate and provide opportunities for meaningful recreational programs.
Comply - Ensure policies, procedures, processes and systems are in place and being monitored.
Cultivate - To promote Resident autonomy, independence and advocacy, including Residents' rights and a culture of non-abuse. Promoting resident's council and attending meetings as required.
Create - Create a newsletter and recreation calendar to promote programs and engage residents.
What You Bring:
What We Offer:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized institution in the field of recreation/activation, therapeutic recreation, wellness, gerontology, kinesiology or a related field
- Certifications or training in gerontology, senior's fitness, Dementia/Alzheimer's, wellness interventions, SmartServe, Food Handling and volunteer management are considered an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in recreation and one (1) year of leadership experience working with mature adults and seniors in a related setting
- Previous experience working with seniors or in an adult wellness program
- Knowledge of community resources, service development
- Current F Class/Class 4 license or ability to obtain
- Current certification in CPR/first aid
- Better than average computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Business management background and skills
- Strong leadership skills; experience managing staff and volunteers
- Effective oral and written communication skills to respectfully and compassionately work with older adults and their families
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.