Provides maintenance repairs to all Community Builders Housing and Shelter Sites.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, Casual
Days and hours of work: Wednesday-Sunday (9am-5pm)
Functions & Responsibilities
- Establishes, monitors, and carries out preventative maintenance procedures and schedules for buildings, equipment and grounds. Ensures building and equipment meet all safety, security and fire regulations and policies. Makes recommendations for major repairs and purchases to the supervisor.
- Performs carpentry, electrical, painting, mechanical and plumbing maintenance and repairs such as repairing furniture, constructing shelves, installing switches, replacing plugs and other basic appliance repairs, applying paint and other finishes, repairing drywall, disassembling and reassembling equipment, replacing sinks and toilets and applying finishing material such as linoleum.
- Monitors work performed by contractors, prepares estimates of labor and material costs, contacts external contractors and tradespeople to obtain quotes and arranges for major repairs and maintenance work.
- Collects and removes garbage and recyclable materials and ensures the safe disposal of hazardous waste.
- Cleans external areas such as entranceways, sidewalks and parking lots using manual and power brooms, rakes, shovels and other equipment to remove dirt, leaves, snow and other refuse. Performs minor gardening and lawn maintenance tasks such as mowing, weeding, pruning and watering.
- Completes and maintains related records such as maintenance logs and security incident reports.
- Transports equipment, furniture and supplies manually and/or using aides such as dollies and carts. Operates a motor vehicle to pick up and move goods and supplies. Arranges furniture for special events.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Training & Experience
- Grade 10, plus at least one related vocational training such as a building maintenance course or certificate
- Two (2) years recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Reliable vehicle to commute between sites (Preferred)
Community Builders is a growing non-profit housing provider based in Vancouver which strives to offer a superior level of service, housing and support to the most underserved and vulnerable members of our communities. Community Builders is an experienced supportive and low-income housing provider with 20 years of expertise in Vancouver's urban core area, specializing in multi-residential housing acquisition and operation, community development; support for persons with physical health, mental health and addictions issues; property management; emergency housing provision; and social enterprise development. Community Builders utilizes a bottom-up development approach that empowers participants to find their own paths to wellness. Community Builders supports inclusive environments which allow participants to achieve their personalized goals and operate housing centers that are safe and supportive.
Job Types: Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $27.00-$30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6Z 1P5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person