Receptionist/Accounting Clerk - Casual
Fair Haven Homes Society is a non-profit organization which was founded over 60 years ago to provide low-cost housing for seniors. Today, Fair Haven provides residential care and affordable housing to more than 500 seniors in Burnaby and Vancouver. Fair Haven is recognized as a leader in long term care and services for seniors.
We are looking for a casual Receptionist/Accounting Clerk who has administrative and basic accounting experience. This position performs a variety of functions including accounts receivable/payable, computer data entry, reception and clerical duties.
This is a casual/on call position (week days) and would be suited for someone who already has a part-time job or is semi retired and looking for occasional extra work.
1. Answers telephone, receives and relays messages to staff and residents; uses intercom.
2. Receives and directs visitors, responds to inquiries.
3. Receives monies and writes receipts for resident rents, resident comfort monies and miscellaneous monies.
4. Prepares bank deposit and takes to bank as required.
5. Prepares reconciliations and balances a variety of accounts to general ledger.
6. Prepares and inputs data for accounts payable, accounts receivable and resident trust account.
7. Makes petty cash disbursements as required.
8. Performs various interdepartmental word processing functions such as reports, minutes, policies and procedures from written drafts.
9. Sorts and distributes mail.
10. Provides security assistance by reporting suspicious persons or unusual occurrences to Department Head or Nurse-in-Charge.
11. Contributes and maintains a safe environment for residents and/or tenants, families and staff by:
a. Following resident safety-related policies, procedures and guidelines;
b. Maintaining knowledge of emergency procedures;
c. Using infection control best practices and procedures;
d. Using skills and physical facilities, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately;
e. Identifying and reporting any potential or actual resident or staff safety concern in a timely manner.
12. Performs other related duties as required.
Grade 12 graduation, plus two years’ recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience & Abilities:
· Ability to type 60 wpm.
· Basic accounting knowledge.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to deal with others effectively.
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
· Ability to organize work.
· Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office.
· Ability to operate other office related equipment.
Please send cover letter and resume, indicating “Receptionist” on the subject line.
We thank all those for your interest and taking the time to apply for this position; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Receptionist: 2 years (Required)