Reporting to the Manager, Technical Services, is responsible for coordinating the implementation of capital projects for housing facilities owned and managed by Housing York, the facilities owned and managed by the Region and assigned homeless shelters; providing project management services to housing providers; supervising a technical team in the design, planning and contract management of assigned multi-unit residential housing, program area and shelter related capital renovation and construction projects; providing guidance and technical assistance to Regionally funded housing providers in the identification, procurement and implementation of capital upgrades; providing technical consulting advice, ensuring compliance with legislation, contributing to annual plans and policies and conducting research on industry trends and equipment; acting as liaison between contractors, consultants, owner/operators, housing provider boards, other project leaders and the Region to ensure that all aspects of these projects are performed effectively, including financial tracking and control.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Architecture or Engineering Sciences or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or demonstrate an equivalent through project management experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the design and construction of a variety of building types, including multi-residential housing, involving the development of plans and specifications, contract and project management activities, financial monitoring, leading multiple project teams and demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge of the theory, principles and practices related to building design, construction, architectural and engineering principles.
How to Apply
Please apply online by February 24, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$100,633 to $114,288 annually. This is a Non-Union position.