Who you are:
Are you a rock star food and beverage server that takes pride in delivering an exceptional customer experience? Can you juggle numerous tables, demanding customers and still keep a cool confidence? Ready to be a part of an exciting team that is building something great?
Who we are:
Bordering Banff National Park, Schott’s Lake RV & Guest Ranch Inc. is a magnificent wilderness oasis with a backdrop of the beautiful Canadian Rockies. With a busy full-service restaurant and licensed patio overlooking the lake, motel, cabins, camping and conference facilities, we are definitely a going concern! Next up is an amphitheatre and event centre. Located just 90 mins from Calgary (15km West of Sundre, Alberta), we cater to local foodies as well as regional/international special events/guests and host various year-round seasonal type of activities.
- Serves patrons with food and beverages in a positive and friendly manner.
- Provides information to help food and beverage selections.
- Presents ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintains dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Prepares room for dining by setting decorations, condiments, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment/patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by suggesting chef’s specialties, identifying appropriate beverage pairings, and answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons’ choices and identifying patrons’ special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from bar and kitchen and delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs and observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant and inviting patrons to return.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges, issuing bills, accepting payments, delivering bills and payments to host, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
Server Qualifications / Skills:
- General Math Skills
- Great Verbal Communication
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Resolving Conflict
- Energy Level
- Thoroughness/attention to detail
- Mandatory 3-5 years server experience
- Alberta ProServe certification (can be completed online)
As we are in a remote setting, accommodations may be available. Only candidates legally able to work in Canada may apply. Upon acceptance of employment a Police information check is required. We thank all applicants for applying, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reference ID: SL-FBS01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- serving: 3 years (Preferred)
- Point of sale software / payment processing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)