This position will represent the estimating department working with the Project Coordinators/Chief Estimator to ensure each project is executed on budget and on time. Active participation will be expected working with management to continuously improve processes and policies.
Experience: 2-5 Years' experience estimating Structural steel and Misc Metals projects
Education: Structural/Civil Engineer/ CET. Or proven equivalent experience
- Read/Interpret job bid instructions and detailed specifications for preparation of estimates.
- Develop required tools to effectively estimate jobs
- Quantity take off
- Develop detailed estimates and budgets based on estimate
- Obtain quotes for 3rd party scopes
- Prepare quotations and pricing proposals
- Organize complete bid/ estimate packages for awarded projects to the project managers for project execution
- On occasion develop parametric and rough order of magnitude estimates
- Must have proven knowledge of estimating and costing of structural steel fabrication and erection for both commercial and industrial facilities
- Ability to read schematics, drawings and/or technical manuals.
- Excellent knowledge of fabrication and erection processes, material and equipment specifications.
- Knowledge of governing codes and standards as well as client specific requirements
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Be analytical and market savvy
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access is a must
- Very Organized and detailed oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relations with 3rd party contractors and supplier
- Continuously seeking improvement of processes.
Extended health care
Job Type: Full-time
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place