Full time, permanent opportunity (40hrs/week plus overtime when available) with one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies as a Receiver – Warehouse department in Steinbach, MB. Barkman Concrete Ltd. is a family-owned company that is a leading manufacturer of precast concrete. We have sustained growth through the contributions of our team members’ commitment to customer service, quality, and innovative products. At Barkman, we believe our people are our most valuable assets. We follow provincial best practices in COVID-19 precaution measures along with providing benefits such as Covid-19 Relief Benefits above government programs, Paid Family Leave and an option to bank overtime in addition to vacation time.
In the Receiver role, you will ensure the accurate reception and processing of incoming shipments to our Steinbach facility. The Warehouse team works closely together to ensure Operations receives the materials needed for production. You will assist with the unloading of shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, along with the use of mobile equipment. This role will also include inspecting incoming shipments to verify contents and quality. Organization, time management, care of materials, teamwork, customer service and attention to detail are key skills for this role.
Barkman offers you group insurance, a retirement savings plan, product discounts and education subsidies. Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience but typically starts around $17.50/hr.
To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com
Some of the responsibilities for this role may include:
· Preparing the receiving dock to accept incoming product.
· Matching product and packing slips with purchase orders.
· Inspecting product to ensure saleable condition with acceptable code dating.
· Operating a forklift or electric pallet jack in a safe manner to move received product as needed.
· Complying with Safe Work Procedures and maintaining a safe work environment.
· Processing all required paperwork and maintaining adequate records for reporting and tracking.
· Assisting with monitoring and maintaining inventory control of parts and raw materials.
· Problem solving for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
· Making deliveries with a company vehicle as assigned.
· Cross training with Materials Lead hand for basic computer data entry requirements.
· Contributing to ideas on continuous improvement, problem-solving and quality.
· Notifying the team leader immediately of any needed materials or discrepancies.
· Physical activities: walking, standing stationary, kneeling, bending, repetitive lifting up to 70lbs, repetitive handwork and exposure to temperature variations.
· Required to wear high visibility vest, hard hat, safety glasses, safety shoes and hearing protection for specific jobs.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
· Ability to work an eight-hour shift, Monday to Friday with flexibility to assist with overtime as needed.
Successful candidates will have:
· Ability to work in a team is essential.
· Experience with data entry and shipping/receiving software is preferred.
· Customer Service experience is a strong asset.
· Previous forklift experience is considered an asset.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts (an asset)
Please submit your resume as soon as possible (Please note that we will start interviewing as resumes are received).
In person: 152 Brandt Street, Steinbach, office hours 8:00am to 5:00pm
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$18.50 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees as safe as possible we have implemented social distancing practices whenever possible, increased sanitization and provide PPE, gloves and masks. We follow provincial best practices in our COVID-19 precaution measures.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Steinbach, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Why are you interested in this job?
- receiving: 1 year (preferred)