Program Activity Worker
Eden Health Care Services
Under the supervision of the Housing and Supports Manager, the Program Activity Worker plans, organizes and facilitates activities of the Positive Living Program with the input and collaboration of participants of the community who live with a mental illness. The Program Activity Worker will use Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Principles in carrying out their regular duties.
- University or college education in Human Services or other relative education/experience required.
- Experience in Mental Health preferred.
- Previous experience in group facilitation an asset.
- Implements a program that is holistic, taking into account the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs/interests of the participants.
- Demonstrates flexibility, creativity and initiative in implementing a recovery oriented activity program.
- Provides support and direction in implementing the program in such a way that fully involves the participant.
- Uses language and behaviors, which demonstrate and show respect for participant individuality and dignity.