Heavy Metal is looking for 1* more Buyer* to complete our current Procurement Team in Fort McKay. We are seeking a strong self-starter who is responsible for warehousing activities such as shipping, receiving, planning and managing the flow of goods. Our Buyer will be motivated, committed and wants to grow with us.
As a Buyer YOU will:
- Procure and expedite parts in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner
- Adhere to financial controls
- Manage warranty material and core returns
- Stock shelves and track stock outages
- Assist with inventory counts
- Arrange, organize and maintain warehouse
- Receive and verify materials and process discrepancies in a timely manner
- Complete necessary documentation for shipments, following TDG and WHMIS regulations
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Complete Job Hazard Assessments
If you are an enthusiastic team player, are excited to work in a safety-sensitive, fast-paced environment, then Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is the place for you! In pursuing a career with us, you are opening the door to a fulfilling career with a dynamic company that continues to grow and develop. We know that great people are the key to the success of our business!
We are currently accepting resumes for a Buyer in our Fort McKay location. The Buyer will be expected to work 12 hours per day; starting at 5:45. Shift rotation is 14 days on, followed by 14 days off with the workweek beginning on Wednesdays . This position also alternates sets between day and night shift. Shared accommodations and transportation (from accommodations to site) are provided.
An excellent Buyer will manage the day to day parts requirements serving internal clients as a product expert.
What we need from YOU:
- Journeyman Parts Technician Certificate (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Heavy Equipment Maintenance or related industry with mechanical aptitude (preferred)
- Prior parts sourcing or purchasing of materials and service is an asset (required)
- Experience with dozers, haul trucks and excavators of all major brands such as CAT, John Deere, Hitachi and Komatsu a definite asset
- Expediting and logistics experience is a must
- Experience receiving parts
- Basic understanding of contracts
- Intermediate computers skills
- Knowledge of equipment components and parts
- Customer service focus and ability to build relationships
- Safety oriented personality
- Strong ethics and compliance to rules and regulations is a must
- Strong numbers oriented and attention to detail that is able to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Team player shows initiative and a continual learner
- Able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
- High School Diploma or equivalent
As part of our Hiring Process, YOU will be asked to:
- Provide a minimum of a Class 5 Driver's License and clean Driver's Abstract
- Provide a criminal record check
- Complete drug and alcohol screening with a negative result
- Complete a fitness evaluation related specifically to your position
- Provide copies of current certifications (if you do not have any of the training required to be on site, we will provide it for you)
There is no machine too BIG or too small!
Heavy Metal Equipment Rentals is one of the region’s only heavy equipment rental companies that supplies, repairs and maintains products and rental services to all four earth-moving industry sectors:
- Mining equipment
- Construction equipment
- Pipeline equipment
- Forestry equipment
Over the last couple of years, we have grown from a small family run business, with 40 - 50 people, to a larger company with over 300 employees... and we are STILL GROWING! Join our team to see what all the fuss is about.
Our Commitment to YOU:
- Competitive wages & benefits
- Positive team environment
- Office equipment and supplies necessary to complete your duties
- A work environment dedicated to your safety
If you want to be part of a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to forward your resume and cover letter by fax to 780-672-8599 or by email indicating Buyer in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected will be contacted for further pre-employment screening and interviews. Employment is conditional on negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening result and the ability to meet the physical demands of this position. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Job Type: Full-time
- parts sourcing or purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- dozer, haul truck and excavator: 1 year (Preferred)
- expediting and logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)