Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow established and future front office Standard Operating Procedures;
- Provide value added service to customers to meet or exceed customer expectations;
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors;
- Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating and assisting at the front desk as needed;
- Handle difficult guest inquiries and concerns effectively; demonstrating problem resolution, and effective recovery;
- Maximize guest service by exhibiting strong knowledge of the hotel's facilities and services and local events;
- Effectively make and alter reservations within the hotel PMS system;
- Promptly check in or check out guests, with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of switchboard equipment and the property management system;
- Follow established hotel security and safety policies as required;
- Key member of crisis and emergency team;
- Identify and forward incoming faxes, customer mail, packages, and messages promptly;
- Report concerns related to Engineering/Maintenance, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious circumstances (including smells/sights and sound) immediately to the appropriate leader;
- Adhere to Quality Hotel standards, including Hygiene and Grooming, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, and Key Deliverables
- Provide exceptional guest service at all times;
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- High School diploma.
- Front Office training in hospitality industry is considered an asset.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos in English.
- Generally, normal office working conditions.
- Standing and sitting for long periods as required, and able to lift up to 50LBS
- Available to work a variety of shifts which include days, afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays
- Fast paced environment that is often demanding.
If you are interested in joining The Quality Hotel, we want to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Required)