Peter Igel Group Inc.is a leading supplier of Retail Food products, Industrial Food Ingredients and Wines & Spirits. We are looking for seasoned professionals to join our team.
Peter Igel Companies have served the Industrial, Wines & Spirits, and Retail foods business for 50 years. In our Retail and Food Service business we have supplier and customer relationships that have lasted since we first opened our doors in 1971. Our overall success is driven from this relationship with our customers and our companies Values:
Ø Relationships Built on Respect
Our relationships are built on honesty, trust and respect. We value diversity and diverse opinion, and believe our differences makes us stronger. We value our colleagues and enjoy working hard and having fun together.
Ø Obsessed with Customers
Our goal is to have customers for life. We are passionate about understanding our customer’s needs and helping them achieve success. As trusted advisors, we solve problems and drive value for their business.
Ø Entrepreneurial Spirit
Results matter. We lead by example and hold ourselves and each other to high standards of performance. We operate with integrity, respect and maintain accountability to our goals.
Speed matters. We demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to get things done. We are decisive, making the quality call, continuously improve, and we own the outcome. Speed and quality are not mutually exclusive – we need both.
Ø Get After It
Collaboration and teamwork are just how we work. When we disagree, we do so respectfully and move forward in solidarity. No individual can do it all, teamwork matters and that is why we do it together.
Ø Succeed Together
Think big picture solutions and act like an owner. The status quo is meant to be challenged. Within our strategic priorities, approach your work innovatively, seeking to be more nimble and agile than our competition.
Our Corporate Vision:
To be the first choice for global agri-food supply, recognized for innovation, value, quality food and beverage solutions, to create customers for life.
Logistics Specialist - Job Description
As a Logistics specialist, you would be responsible for maintaining customer and supplier relationships through effective communication, efficient work processes and excellent customer service. You are also needed for extensive analytical work for the logistics team, and have superb excel skills. This is a permanent full-time position that reports directly to our VP, Operations.
· Develop and maintain productive suppliers and customer’s relationships
· Providing various analysis to our VP Operations regarding shipments, payments, and other analytics.
· Coordinating shipments from start to finish according to schedule. Including but not limiting to:
o Issuing shipping instructions
o Securing bookings
o Following up on loading
o Approving of documentation
o Tracking containers in transit
o Accurate data entry into our system
o Maintaining a constant flow of communication between warehouse production, dispatch, carrier and the customer.
o Approving of vendor bills
o Issuing invoices
o Preparing import documentation
o Coordinating customs clearance and deliveries.
· Accountable for maintaining excellent service levels for our internal and external customers through continuous process improvement and the prompt resolution of issues.
· Respond to incoming calls and customer inquiries
· Prepare delivery reports as required
· Financial Procedures and Operating Metrics (Detention management, research/resolving invoice discrepancies, benchmark rate achievement, expedite decisions and cost, etc.)
Critical Success Factors:
· Minimum three years of experience in a similar role
· Advance Excel knowledge
· Analytical and critical thinking are a must
· Must be good at multi-tasking
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills and attitude
- Enthusiasm when presenting creative concepts and sharing ideas, including out of the box thinking
- Shows ambition and a desire to develop themselves, while assisting and supporting others around them
- Open, honest and fair in dealings with all parties
- Shows appreciation and respect to others in the workplace
- Must be highly organized, with strong attention to detail and able to meet aggressive deadlines
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionally interact with employees, management and the customers and vendors at all times.
- Must be a team player and have a can do attitude
· NetSuite experience is an asset
As a global business, Peter Igel Group relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Peter Igel is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information, visit www.peterigel.com and follow us on Twitter @PeterIgelGroup.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,764.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Logistics: 4 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19