The Gunnebo Security Group is a global supplier of security products, services and solutions with an offering covering cash handling, safes and vaults, high-security locking hardware and locksmithing, entrance security and electronic security solutions for banks, retail, CIT, mass transit, public and commercial buildings and industrial and high-risk sites. The group operates in 34 counties across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Americas as well as a network of Channel Partners in 100 additional markets.
Gunnebo has been protecting people, property and assets in Canada for over 60 years. We are the nation’s largest provider of physical security equipment. For decades, Gunnebo Canada has been servicing major financial institutions, national retailers, and delivering integrated solutions to the commercial and industrial sectors from our 14 company-owned branches located in all major centres across the country.
What Gunnebo can offer the successful candidate
We offer a rewarding career with a global company known as a leader in the electronic and physical security industry. Our competitive wages, health and dental plan, Pension benefits and our multi-century corporate presence offer longevity in employment and job fulfilment to those candidates willing to make our employer and employee relationship a mutual relationship of trust and a part of your career future.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk / Collector is required to ensure the timely receipt of outstanding receivables while adhering to Company credit and collections polices and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited, to the following duties outlined below:
· Collect outstanding A/R amounts from customers (by emails, phone calls and follow up phone calls until full payment is received). Collaborate with different departments across Canada & follow up on aged accounts and contact the clients to assure full payment is received on time to reduce the likelihood of bad debt.
· Maintain specified DSO levels, eliminate balances over 120 days, document action plan with appropriate ownership (shared if required) for balances over 60 days.
· A/R Ageing Report (currently in Excel), provided at the beginning of the month must be updated daily and contain collection status and comments on each past due invoice. The “Comments” must be clear, concise and accurate to support the analysis. Some of these comments may need to be included in the customer profile as well.
· Set up meetings with Supervisor at least twice a week to address concerning accounts or other related matters.
· Handle a high volume of outbound calls on past due & current accounts
· Answer internal and external customer queries
· Complete credit references for customers
· Identify the key issue(s) that prevent the client from paying promptly, escalate timely with stakeholder(s) for corrective action and long-term solutions.
· Perform constant control on customer accounts and past due balances. Advise Management of accounts that are at risk for collection.
· Liaise with Clients, Department Supervisor and other internal Department Heads and Management to ensure important information is collected, shared, and utilized to fully collect outstanding amounts in a timely and courteous manner.
· Ability to reconcile account
· Communicate with customers about billing discrepancies and questions.
· Engage management over any A/R problems you encounter.
· Update and Audit customer profiles to ensure all the required information is accurate & included.
· Handle unusual billing situations.
· Provide proactive customer issue resolution
· Ability to work with 3rd party collection agency
· Maintain Training Records.
· General administrative tasks as assigned
· May be assigned special or ad hoc projects periodically such invoicing, billing, cash application, etc.
· Minimum 2 years of related work experience with collection, accounts receivables, and invoicing procedures
· Intermediate computer skills (particularly EXCEL)
· Ability to create and edit Excel spreadsheets
· Knowledge of ERP Systems
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Customer-focused & Ability to form good relationships with customers
· Ability to work independently combined with strong interpersonal skills to deal confidently with internal and external customers
· Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
Knowledge / Education requirements:
· University Degree or College Diploma in Accounting or related field preferred
· Experience in AR & Collection can substitute for educational requirement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Company pension
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounts Receivables: 5 years (Required)