HOERBIGER Canada Limited (HCL) is seeking a Assistance Controller for our growing organization. HCL provides maintenance and repair services to users of industrial reciprocating compressors across multiple industries, including natural gas and process gas (refinery, petrochemical and industrial gas) accounts.
The Assistant Controller supports the operations of HCL’s five service branches. This position will be responsible for keeping accuracy of the relevant master data, providing detailed variance analysis (Actual/Budget/Forecast), developing and monitoring metrics tied to the strategy of the company, and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and reduce costs. This is a new position, which will work in our facility in Spruce Grove, Alberta.
- Assure data consistency
- Analyze sales development based on current market trends and margin impact based on level of productivity
- Prepare and analyze plant financial evolution
- Report Operation efficiency
- Look for and evaluate Operational optimization opportunities
- Minimum of three years of financial analysis/accounting in a services environment.
- Bachelors or Masters in Finance/Accounting. MBA/CPA is preferred.
- Must be well verse in all Accounting functions
- IFRS & Accounting knowledge
- Must have excellent analytical, reporting, communication and presentation skills
Technical/Functional Knowledge Requirements
- Two years’ experience working with SAP FICO (desirable MM and SD experience)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
Headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, the HOERBIGER Group is a worldwide leader in the fields of compression technology, drive technology, and hydraulic systems.
Start your Adventure! HOERBIGER offers a dynamic, continually changing work environment with opportunity for advancement. Our robust benefits package includes: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability coverage, Life Insurance, FSA & HSA, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays per year, Paid Sick Days, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching contributions.
Job Type: Full-time
- general Accounting - all functions: 3 years (Required)
- Financial Analysis/Accounting in a Service Environment: 3 years (Required)
- ERP System (SAP Preferred): 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)