Job title :
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
WESTBANK HEALTH UNIT
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.67 FTE)
We are currently seeking a Community Health Worker to join our team at the Westbank Health Unit. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
- Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
- Assistance with mobility and transfers
- Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
- Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This position is eligible for our full comprehensive benefits package including health and welfare benefits, paid sick and plenty of vacation! Shifts are on rotating evenings from 15:00 to 22:00 or 16:00 to 22:00 working a 0.67 FTE or about 27 hours a week on average.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
- Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
- Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*