We are currently seeking a Research Associate (Evidence Synthesis) to be part of our Data Analytics & Evidence Synthesis Research Team in Sydney, Nova Scotia. The successful candidate will play an important role in supporting our well established Canadian and global health economic and market access services for medical device and pharmaceutical products.
Cornerstone Research Group (www.cornerstone-research.com) is a fast-growing, internationally-recognized consulting company located in Burlington, Ontario, with a new office location in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Our focus is on identifying, demonstrating, and communicating the value of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device products for companies in Canada, the US, and Europe. We offer innovative health economic, outcomes, and comparative effectiveness services along with multimedia communication platforms. We pride ourselves on high-quality work that has been published in a wide range of peer-reviewed journals. Our reputation is for strategic thinking that results in high quality research that meets the needs of our clients and health technology assessment agencies.
Cornerstone has experienced consistent year over year growth due to its focus on superior customer service, great research and clear communication of product value, while maintaining an enjoyable work environment that fosters teamwork and career development. This position will provide the candidates with an opportunity to grow within a company that is an established leader in the consulting industry.
We have an opening for a Research Associate (Evidence Synthesis) to be part of our Data Analytics & Evidence Synthesis Research Team. The person in this role will assist in directing research projects with guidance from senior staff and the Senior Director. The person in this role will be responsible for interpreting and presenting data identified from various sources. The successful candidate will search for evidence and screen it for relevance and specific content, as well as abstract and extract pertinent details quickly and accurately. Over time, the successful candidate will be involved in more senior tasks such as checking the screening and data abstraction/extraction completed by colleagues, as well as supervised quantitative analysis, and writing of technical reports and manuscripts for publication. An experienced Research Associate may also be a lead writer/compiler of proposals bidding for new projects.
- Undergraduate degree in any health-related, scientific or quantitative discipline
- MSc or PhD preferred
- Preference may be given to new graduates who are eligible for Nova Scotia’s Innovate to Opportunity and Graduate to Opportunity Programs
- Experience related to systematic reviews, meta-analysis or network meta-analysis preferred
- Understanding of relevant methodology and meta-analysis preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively (spoken and written), in non-technical terms, with project team members and clients.
- Work well in a team as well as independently, and be able to take leadership role with regard to methodological elements in projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be part of multi-disciplinary Data Analytics & Evidence Synthesis Research Team which will be responsible for development of systematic reviews, meta-analysis, indirect comparisons, network meta-analysis, predictive equations, survival analysis (including parametric methods), longitudinal data analysis, meta-analysis, mixed treatment comparison, and other hierarchical analysis techniques, etc.
Responsibilities of the research associate (evidence synthesis) will include:
- Assist in the defining and refining research questions as they pertain to the project objectives
- Draft literature searches to be implemented in scientific literature databases (e.g., PubMed, Embase, Cochrane Library, etc.) and grey literature sources (e.g., Clinical Trials.gov, conference proceedings, regulatory agencies)
- Help develop inclusion/exclusion criteria to be implemented during screening processes
- You may oversee the screening of abstracts and full-text articles against defined inclusion/exclusion criteria to assess their suitability for inclusion in the review
- Assist with validation of data abstraction and extraction
- Perform quality assessments of underlying studies using accepted methods (e.g., Cochrane Risk of Bias Tool)
- Finalize the analyzable dataset
- Assist with statistical analyses
- Draft tables and figures for analysis results
- Draft and edit sections of project deliverables (e.g., reports, protocols, manuscripts, statistical analysis plans) and dissemination activities, such as abstract and manuscript preparation
- Delegate tasks to junior staff as appropriate
- Develop project plans and monitor projects’ progress, including timelines and budgets
- Draft project proposals, including scoping the body of evidence and preparing project budgets
- Co-lead (or lead) client communications via email, phone, and in person; be responsible for day-to-day communications
- Participate in non-literature-based research and consulting activities within Health Economics (e.g., modelling and simulation, database analyses, strategic planning)
- Foster strong business relationships vital to the success of the project and the acquisition of future projects
- Seek feedback regarding client satisfaction
- Help to identify and communicate opportunities for future collaborations
- Seek and build new business capabilities
- Promote a positive and energetic work environment through effective communication, strong work ethic, and professional conduct
- Provide mentorship and training to colleagues
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Participate in the identification, development and communication of company standard operating procedures
- Training of other members of staff within the department in systematic review and meta-analysis methods
- We encourage work-life balance, ongoing learning and a friendly work environment
- We offer flexible work hours.
- We seek to meet our work expectations within regular work hours however weekend and evening work is occasionally required to meet project deadlines
- Compensation is competitive and includes a generous bonus program, RRSP program, health benefits, minimum three weeks of vacation, paid December shut-down
- We conduct frequent team learning opportunities and support lifelong learning.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent