Virtec Canada is an authorized dealer for Xplornet Communications Inc, providing rural internet access and phone services.
We are looking for an experienced installer to come join our our amazing team and grow with us. Your goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
This role will be responsible for the installation, service/repair and upgrading of residential and small business customer equipment. This includes satellite, fixed wireless, wireless routers and home phone. The majority of work is completed outdoors in all weather conditions and includes climbing ladders.
We are looking for full-time employees and sub-contractors.
A successful candidate must be able to do the following:
- Providing service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions
- Managing all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Maintaining accurate and timely service reports
- Managing the inventory management cycle and annual counts. Returning inventory that requires repair.
- Producing timely and detailed service reports
- Audit previous installation and repair work to ensure Xplornet standards have been met and if not, completing work at the customer premises for compliance
- Operating a vehicle in a safe manner and use field automation systems
- Following all company filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperating with technical teams and sharing information across the organization
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Completion of post secondary education in a related field, such as computer systems technology combined with a minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in installation and repair of internet and phone
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a customer-focused environment
- Ability to work a flexible and rotating work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Strong knowledge of computers and basic troubleshooting of internet connections. Basic networking knowledge
- Ability to follow directions and/or use GPS mapping
- Knowledge of working standards of Health and Safety, construction and CSA
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Professionalism and tact in representing the company to our customers (both internal and external)
- Ability to interpret and solve technical problems. Resourceful, courteous, honest and reliable.
- Strong time management skills with attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Independent and prudent judgement
- Preferred experience with : CAT5, fibre, co-axe cables, mounting satellite dish, internet installs, home phone installs, security system installs.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- installation/ field technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Working at Heights (Preferred)