Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
To package, sequence and migration of applications for remote deployment to workstations. To work in a larger Application Services environment, supporting other work processes and offering customers a quality, efficient and effective service. The role will support the Application Packaging & Support Manager in providing a global process across all regions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Technical review of the application packaging requests
- Create application packages
- Test packages and assist on their upgrade
- Development of custom scripts and installation logic
- Create technical documents for applications
- Publishing the package for UAT
- Support QA process
- Validation of application packages.
- Release readiness, update documentation
- Troubleshoot, remediate and test application packages
- Develop automated scripts to handle custom requirements
- Development knowledge to develop automated tool for application management
- Deploy packages using SCCM to productions users, following change management process
- Remove packages as per the business requirements
- Provide support on package functionality or deployment issues in production.
- Engage with project teams as needed to provide packaging and deployment support.
- Provide support of desktops, laptops, and virtual desktop environment.
- Drive process improvements and automations to increase effectiveness and quality
- Multiple years of experience of working with Packaging
- Expertise on Application Packaging, Admin Studio, VB, Powershell, Scripting, Windows 10 Migration, Windows Installer, MSI and MSIX.
- Package/sequence applications in accordance with IT Services Standards and Procedures
- Application repackaging tools: expertise in Flexera AdminStudio InstallShield / Wise Package studio / AppV / MSIX and also ORCA, Filemon, Regmon, processmonitor and Picture taker.
- Experience in developing installation packages using one or more of the common packaging technologies – Admin Studio and Windows Installer (MSI, MST, conflict Management, VB Script, Custom actions and Powershell)
- System Centre Configuration Manager 2012 or above (experience on scheduling pushes on to the client machines from SCCM Console, run reports & queries)
- Application Compatibility testing and Software Distribution
- Resolving DLL conflicts, registry settings, recognizing applications related problems, Windows Command line knowledge (Cacls, Xcacls, Regsvr32 etc.)
- Creating transforms for customizing existing Windows Installer packages.
- Liaise with other teams to achieve solutions and to resolve issues with existing deployments
- Application Compatibility Testing using MS ACT 5.x Toolkit / AppDNA / AdminStudio
- Experience to provide resolutions in Windows 10, MSI to MSIX, Virtualization migrations.
- Expertise in resolving application network licensing and standalone license configurations.
- Work to agreed Service Level Agreements using a call management system, including agreed Operational Level Agreements for packaging within ITIL aligned Service Management organisation.
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proven experience of data analysis and good numeracy, analytical and reporting skills
- Knowing C#, batch files would be an added advantage.
- Provision of application licence servers and configuring.
- Knowledge on Office system O365, Deployment and Migration.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as known errors, solutions, major incident reports that will help in continuous improvement.
- Working knowledge of Service Now
- Supplier relationship experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation Accreditation
Competencies specific for this role
- IT Service Management expertise
- Communication skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Performance Improvement
- Confidence and professionalism
What you can expect from us:
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams, 3rd parties and business stakeholders
- Confidence and professionalism
- To have good communication skills and interface well with the business, line and senior management.
- To be customer focused and to display an analytical approach to problem solving.
- To be a team player, working with others to provide a quality service.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.