CHIEF ADMINISTRATOR, OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE CHAIR
The Chief Administrator is responsible for providing strategic counsel as well as administrative and operational support for the Executive Chair. This position requires the ability to think critically and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality and foster a culture of accountability. While the day-to-day responsibilities vary dramatically, the position is a critical component in supporting the needs of the Executive Chair.
The ideal candidate must thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, create and simplify processes, and simultaneously support and prioritize varying requirements/tasks impacting the Executive Chair. This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate, and make trade-offs and balance administrative and business needs versus operational constraints. Maturity, curiosity, creative problem solving, and the ability to work as part of a team are all essential for success in this role.
- Serving as a liaison to provide a bridge for smooth communication and relationship building between advisors, key executives, employees, internal/external stakeholders, and the Executive Chair.
- Creating and maintaining cross-organizational relationships to enable clear pathways for communication and updates to/from key executives, advisors, and the Executive Chair.
- Managing the Executive Chair’s calendar, ensuring effective and efficient use of time in alignment with preferences and priorities.
- Developing and implementing an effective meeting cadence that is aligned with the Executive Chair’s requirements, ensuring materials and agendas are developed and circulated in advance, attendees are prepared, time is well spent, meeting objectives are achieved, and action items are developed.
- Performing a full range of executive and administrative support services for the Executive Chair including, drafting various communications (including memo’s, letters, cards), preparing reports, and creating presentations.
- Supporting domestic and international travel preparation, including the development of any in-flight briefing materials for the Executive Chair for meetings/events.
- Maintaining and updating contact lists and associated key contact information (e.g. mailing lists, guest preferences, etc.) and ensuring the Executive Chair maintains easy and effective access at all times.
- Collaborating with IT to ensure all technology requirements are met and challenges are resolved pro-actively.
- Managing and maintaining passwords/ access to the Executive Chair’s online accounts.
- Working with the Executive Chair to help prioritize action items, including business strategies and opportunities - recognizing when priorities are competing and working to resolve those issues.
- Assuming the day-to-day responsibility of following up on assigned action items, duties, and projects to drive accountability and overall effectiveness.
- In coordination with other staff/stakeholders, leading the planning, scheduling, organizing and successful execution of special events.
- Observing current practices and providing recommendations to executives, key stakeholders, and the Executive Chair regarding improvement in processes, communications, management systems, etc.
- Helping to identify risks and define new strategies in alignment with Key Executives, Advisors, and the Executive Chair on special projects.
- Staying abreast and compiling consolidated executive team and stakeholder’ schedules, to ensure the effectiveness of meeting location, agendas, and attendance, etc.
- Managing inquiries, developing action plans, and assisting with preparation and dissemination of communications in alignment with the Executive Chair, Legal Advisors and the VP, Corporate Affairs.
- Developing and implementing metrics, including KPI’s and dashboards to ensure projects are on track and meeting goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or similar field (or equivalent experience) - Masters’ degree is considered an asset.
· 7+ years’ experience in a related role, ideally within a family office environment with solid business operations acumen.
· Knowledge of corporate structures and familiarity/experience working with corporate documents, including minute book documents and resolutions.
· Familiarity and seasoned acumen in communicating with executive boards and committees with the ability to identify and diarize key action items from meetings.
· Proven expertise acting as an intermediary / liaison between the Executive Chair and internal/external stakeholders.
· Proven experience coordinating and managing projects, with a focus on reporting and communication – PMP designation is considered an asset.
· Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality, exercise diplomacy, discretion, and respect of boundaries.
· Ability to identify high level business and operational issues and prioritize action items on time sensitive matters.
· Self-starter with a bias towards action and a proven track record of successful execution.
· Versatile with extreme dedication to efficient productivity.
· Highly organized with excellent time management skills with the ability to set, commit to and meet deadlines.
· Ability to navigate and manage in matrix environments across diverse operations and organizations.
· Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing executive, family and business needs.
· Ability to assess the importance of tasks and decisions and set priorities, focusing time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities.
· Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders to drive accountability and performance.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and present at an executive level.
· Nimble minded with a focus on developing creative customer focused solutions and positive “can do” attitude.
· Willingness to work on new projects and assist with other administrative matters as required.
· Ability to be flexible and work a varied schedule that may include providing support on weekends holidays, and in the evening.
· Ability to travel on an as required basis.
This is a full-time permanent position. The successful candidate must be flexible with the willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. If residing off the property, the individual must maintain the flexibility to attend to any off-hour requirements. In addition, while most of the time will be spent supporting the main residence and guest properties located in Victoria, B.C., additional travel to alternate properties may be required.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Relocation may be considered for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-03-13