We’re looking for a part-time office manager to join us in Toronto, ON. If you naturally love to take care of people, get motivated by a creative tech environment where your inner-geek is welcomed, and gravitate toward organizing the chaos, this might be your next gig.
Our downtown Toronto office(Frontand Spadina) needs someone to keep it running smoothly and make sure people there are happy. You’ll keep the office in shape and help our Wonder Woman Maria. We're looking for someone to join us part-time with a flexible schedule, mostly during the day and occasionally in the evenings.
What you’ll do
- Keep the kombucha, rice crispy treats,coffeeand other office supplies stocked so people smile when they open the fridge and snack drawer.
- Keep the kitchen clean daily. A cleaning company also comes twice a week for deep cleaning, so you’ll just need to makesure everythinglooks nice day-to-day.
- Sort the mail – yep, the physical kind – and make sure the important stuff gets to where it needs to while redirecting the stuff that isn’t ours.
- Help make the office feel more like home. People love working here, and we want them to be excited about the environment in the office, so you’ll be helping with that, whether you’re organizing a luncheon or buying a birthday cake.
- Organize travel and show visitors around. We've got a lot of folks on the team who don't live in Toronto and occasionally come into town to visit. If they need help with hotels, flights, or just making sure someone can let them into the office, that's you.
What you have
- A love of people. Our team is diverse and has lots of quirks so we need someone harmonious to help make the office environment warm, fuzzy, and welcoming.
- Patience for the last-minute plans we might make.
- Solid organizational processes from a previous job, school, or even at home with roommates.
- A personality that makes people smile.
- Experience coordinating plans online. Most of our team is remote so the equivalent of going to their desk to ask them a question is opening Slack and sending them a message. You’ll get a computer when you join the team and we’ll help you get things set up, but we expect you to know your way around the digital world quite well.
What you also might have
- Good taste in food and inspiration to mix things up with new restaurants.
- A knack for interior design, whether that means you like reading Apartment Therapy or took a course on designing spaces to help people work better.
- Personal experience with 1Password.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Office Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Required)