Mathnasium is a fast-growing national and international year-round math learning centre for children in Grades 1 through to 12.
We are highly specialized; we only teach math. Our mission is to significantly increase children’s math skills, understanding of math concepts, and overall school performance, while building confidence and forging a positive attitude toward the subject of mathematics.
Mathnasium is currently looking for individuals who are exceptional at math and love teaching children. We love math and are looking for enthusiastic instructors to help children understand math like never before!
Join us for the opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life.
Instructors are part-time employees who will work between 4 to 20 hours per week. Selected candidates will have to pass the Mathnasium math instructor test and undergo a background check. Upon hiring, instructors will have to take an online course of 4-8 hours to learn the Mathnasium Method.
- Teach children, following Mathnasium method and processes.
- Inspire confidence in students from grades 1 to 12.
- Work as part of a team to create a positive and dynamic learning environment.
- Occasional interaction with parents
- Administrative, Sales or Marketing (if skill or time permits)
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts and a passion for teaching Math.
- Experience teaching/tutoring elementary and/or high school math.
- Ability to teach Calculus, Advanced Functions, and Data Management is an asset.
- Teaching certification is an asset. OCT qualifications will be paid at higher end of pay scale.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and caring nature.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoys working with kids.
- Engaging approach to teaching and ability to use differentiated techniques.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Reliable, prompt, organized
- Ability to teach students across all grade levels (Grades 1-12)
- Previous experience working with children (teaching, tutoring, etc.)
- Ontario certified teachers, early childhood educators, university students, and local graduates from programs with strong math content is an asset.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hourly rate commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Fun and rewarding team environment.
- Availability to work: Mon-Thursday 2:30-7:30 and /or Saturday 9:30-2:30.
Reply to this job posting with resume and cover letter. Only applications to be considered will be contacted.
No phone calls, please. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Part-time
- teaching: 2 years (Preferred)