West-Can Seal Coating is a privately held road construction company located in Didsbury, AB. West-Can has been specializing in road building and preventative maintenance of asphalt roads in Western Canada since 1986. We offer competitive wages, benefits, RRSPs as well as the opportunity for advancement and growth.
West-Can is currently seeking an experienced Parts Clerk, reporting to the Shop Foreman, to handle the day-to-day inventory responsibilities, so as to provide support to the operations and maintenance divisions.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Open, maintain and close work orders for shop and field staff
- Place orders for parts, tires, fluids, fuels and supplies in a timely fashion
- Maintain “parts on hand” area to ensure accurate repair order status and parts are accounted for correctly
- Prepare parts requisitions
- Issue purchase orders and track in-house inventory using Fleet Complete software
- Manage and adjust inventory minimums / maximums, and reorder levels as necessary to maintain proper inventory levels
- Complete daily and weekly cycle counts, as well as annual physical inventories
- Compare invoices against requisitions to verify quality and quantity of merchandise received
- Enter receipts and distribution of parts and supplies into computer
- Issue requested parts on open repair orders to mechanics
- Process all warranties and returns daily
- Ensure all parts delivered each day are received and stocked by the end of the day
- Perform general housekeeping daily in the parts area, including cleaning desk areas, sweeping, dusting, picking up and putting away items, stocking / restocking, etc.
- Maintain open communication with all departments
- Occasionally pick up and deliver parts from vendors and deliver to required location
- All other tasks assigned.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Minimum 2 – 5 years’ experience in warehouse inventory, dealing with trucks and equipment
- Strong parts and inventory skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, ie. Word, Excel, Outlook
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is required, with clean drivers abstract
- Experience with Computerized Fleet Complete will be considered an asset.
West-Can Seal Coating would like to thank all candidates for their application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- inventory: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Didsbury, AB (Preferred)
- Class 5 (Required)