CHEMICAL PROCESS OPERATOR
At Plasti-Fab Ltd., we have been providing customers with innovative expanded polystyrene
(EPS) productions solutions for commercial, resident, and geotechnical engineered applications throughout North America for 50+ years!
We are currently seeking a permanent Chemical Process Operator to join our Petrochemical plant team. This position is located in Crossfield which is located 50 km north of Calgary. In this role, you will be responsible for performing various tasks to maintain safe and efficient production of our batch polymerization facility. Routine duties include, but are not limited to, chemical handling, railcar unloading, waste water treatment, cooling tower and boiler room operations. Additional functions include control system monitoring, oversight of the control system of all plant processes, trouble-shooting upsets as well as routine and/or preventive maintenance of equipment. Maintaining and ensuring the accuracy/completeness of production records and strict adherence to all Safety policy and procedures is a requirement.
Work 14 Shifts out of 28 Days! Must be able to work 12 hour shifts commencing 7:00 to 7:00 on a rotating day and night basis. All required personal safety equipment is provided with mandatory participation in the Plasti-Fab Goal Zero Safety program.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Minimum 4th Class Power Engineer’s Certificate.
- Preferred 3rd Class Power Engineer’s Certificate and / or Chemical Process Operator Certificate.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in English, both written and verbal.
- Good proficiency with computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ERP systems.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Physically able to lift up to 40-50 lbs intermittently.
- Must be hardworking, reliable, punctual and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have own transportation.
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary, Employee profit sharing plan and RRSP program
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental & vision.
- Education reimbursement program.
- A great team of professionals dedicated to safe and efficient work!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Chemical Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)