Only those already in and are legally allowed to work in Canada will be considered. No Staffing/Recruitment agency soliciting please.
INGENIA POLYMERS is a rapidly growing international manufacturer operating in the Petrochemicals and Plastics Industries. We seek an R&D Technician to assist our Research Engineers / Scientists to lead development of new products and processes in the broad area of polyolefins. .
We are searching for a dependable, self-sufficient and enthusiastic R&D Technician with a strong aptitude for detail. The position requires the ability to operate plastics pilot and analytical testing equipment independently, and understand, collect and convey accurate process and testing data of the various program managers. This is an exciting opportunity to learn, develop and contribute in a dynamic, technology driven, entrepreneurial environment
- Learn and practice Safety and ISO Quality procedures
- Review and learn safety & Quality procedures
- Take training on various safety procedures and needed protocol
- Become habitual with PPE usage and all safety practices
- Learn ISO-9001 re-certification process & coordinate to maintain lab ISO status.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory instrumentation
- Operate, set-up and maintain various pilot polymer processing equipment including Twin Screw Extruders, Blown Film Line, Rotomolding machine, Haake mixers and other auxiliary equipment
- Perform material characterization testing via DSC, FTIR, XRF, MFR and physical testing equipment
- Review SDS for chemicals
- Assist in the development and validation of laboratory methods
- Write laboratory procedures as needed
- Ship lab-prepared samples to customers
- Maintain inventory of laboratory chemicals, supplies, consumables
- Maintain and upgrade laboratory infrastructure
- The R&D lab is a high productivity environment. The lab runs on a 2 shift (morning and afternoon) schedule. The successful candidate must be willing to work Monday to Friday afternoon shifts and weekends if required.
- Ability to lift 25kg bags
- Able to work in hot and occasionally dusty environment (Respirator required in some areas of the facility)
- Have no restrictions that would limit the ability and must be comfortable working with heavy equipment and operating forklifts
- Minimum 2 year college/courses in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering preferred.
- 2-10 years industrial R&D lab experience in plastics or chemical industry.
- Ability to perform calculations related to laboratory operations (formulations, unit conversion) and basic statistics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with and navigate spreadsheets
- Ability to make decision in lab as needed with minimum supervision
For more information about our company, products and career opportunities, please visit our website: www.ingeniapolymers.com. We encourage those interested to apply through our website for speedier responses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.01 /hour