Rapidia is unlocking the true potential of metal 3D printing with the fastest, simplest and most affordable way to 3D print complex and strong metal parts for prototyping and end-use applications. We have developed an office-friendly 3D printing system using water-based metal paste, revolutionizing the speed, simplicity and affordability of metal AM. Our R&D/production facility is centrally located in the Strathcona area of Vancouver.
About the Position
Production workers play a key role in our company, taking our 3D printing systems from components and raw materials to finished, packaged products ready to ship. Our team is relatively small, so production workers do a wide variety of work, from fabricating parts on our CNC lathe to applying vinyl graphics to the finished machines. We are looking for people who are detail-oriented and organized, communicate well, and can learn quickly - all necessary training will be provided for the right candidate. We are growing quickly and there will be opportunities for competent, motivated people to move into other roles as they build their skills. Hours of work are somewhat flexible once an ability to work independently has been established, but are generally 8:30-5, Monday to Friday.
- Assemble components using a variety of hand and power tools
- Electrical and electronics assembly
- Fabricate parts using machine tools - mills, lathes, waterjet etc.
- Understand and apply specified quality standards during all production operations
- Package finished products
- Assist R&D or other departments on special projects as needed
- Follow company safety policies at all times and alert management to any safety issues
- Play an active role in the production team’s efforts to continually improve our production processes
- Attention to detail is extremely important
- Good physical dexterity/coordination
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written)
- Eligible to work in Canada
We will provide all necessary training for the right candidate. However, the following are some examples of the kinds of things we would consider assets:
- Previous experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in fabrication - machining, metalworking, woodworking
- Mechanical skills - working on cars, bikes, etc.
- Interest in/experience with 3D printing
Compensation & Perks:
- Minimum salary is $36,000/year (based on 40hrs/week), adjusted for experience.
- Salaries are reviewed at the end of each year.
- All employees are eligible to receive stock in the company after one full year of employment.
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year.
- Access to our well-equipped machine shop for personal projects.
- Monthly company-wide social events.
Reference ID: Production
Application deadline: 2021-06-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $36,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Stock options
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks, hand washing, social distancing, regular testing, vaccinations. Following all PHO recommendations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Interest in additive manufacturing (out of 10)?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)