Operations Technical Services – Computer Systems Engineering section’s (OTS – CSE) core business is to provide program support needed by Nuclear Laboratories (NL) facilities to maintain and improve operations.
The successful applicant will be assigned to the OTS - CSE group to assist in the development, revision, and implementation of new and existing electronic data collection, review and access of information in a mini project type environment to support the drive to Operational Excellence for Nuclear Laboratories. These tools increase the compliance of facility operators to the CNL Operator Surveillance MCP (900-508200-MCP-004) and aids in the collection and preservation of data required to ensure CNL’s compliance to CNSC license conditions and Canadian Standards Association section 7.9.4 (Requirements for Nuclear Facilities).
This position provides an excellent opportunity to work for multiple facilities on a variety of projects which have company-wide applicability. CNL is an industry leader in this area and has presented at the CNS, EPRI and COG.
This is part of the equipment reliability program and represents the integration and coordination of a broad range of equipment reliability activities to ensure current and future potential threats to reliability are identified and understood, and resolutions to those issues are implemented while ensuring new concerns are not created.
- Continued development of a Fleet Management Database linking assets to financial and maintenance data, within our IT network. Consolidate user requests into documented Change Requests, enter new data, perform verification and validation.
- Assisting the Integrated Work Control Project, which represents the integration of all work groups at CNL utilising a standardized process for completing work safely, by a web based hazard identification and mitigation tool.
- Work with Facilities and Support Groups to draft the requirements to capturing electronic information on a scheduled basis (Monthly, weekly, daily, per shift etc.). Document in Change Requests web interface requests by supervisors to review completed rounds. Recommend web interface to quickly and easily trend parameters. Perform verification and validation of system with customers (including field testing prior to go live use). Collect and consolidate feedback on enhancements and optimisation after implementation in Change Requests. Update user manuals, maintenance and other documents.
- Integrate smoothly into a small, cohesive team of other software designers.
- At the direction of the OTS-CSE Team-Leader, or Senior Software Designer, follow development direction and software architectures to develop solid, well-performing, and well commented software.
- Implement and test configuration changes and apply these changes from within the MKS development structure.
- Work actively with the team to provide software design, support and consulting services to a wide array of CNL internal clients.
- Work independently and as part of team (as the project dictates) to deliver quality software.
- Participate in the authoring and publishing of required software documentation as directed.
- Bachelors (Honours) in Engineering or Science from a university of recognized standing; or (b) membership in an engineering or scientific professional organization authorized by statute to establish qualification for membership in that organization.
- 1-4 years’ experience in developing Web-based applications, (HTTP, HTML, CSS, VB.NET, BOOTSTRAP, JAVA, other technologies) (required).
- Ability to detail user requirements and communicate the development process.
- Exposure to mobile computing (would be an asset),
- Experience in developing in Microsoft Visual Studio is an asset),
- Experience in C#, C, or C++ (would be an asset),
- Experience in Microsoft SQL database or other SQL products (strongly desired),
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel (VBA), Word, etc. is an asset,
- Ability to work as an effective team member and to respond to challenging schedule demands.
- Proven organizational and work planning skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Results-oriented with a strong desire to excel.
- Produce, review, and/or revise documentation.
- Knowledge of CNL’s policies and procedures is an asset.
Reference ID: 21860
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $61,400.00-$95,300.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home