Warehouse Operative/Order Picker - We offer a challenging, rewarding, fun atmosphere with opportunity to showcase your skills, along with learning others.
We are a growing food service company based in Mississauga that offers its employees an opportunity to problem solve, grow, learn and branch out in skill sets.
The Company: ButcherBox.ca is an ecommerce store providing premium butcher products that are cut, vacuum sealed and delivered to our customers’ door – an alternative to grocery shopping that makes eating well simpler and convenient, too; we are building a reputation for the great care we take with products, clients and employees alike.
· Our products are locally sourced, raised naturally and humanely, offering our customers the opportunity to eat well, while supporting local family style farming.
· We believe in providing customer satisfaction, one order at a time.
The Position: We’re looking for a full time or part time Order Picker/Packer/Fulfillment Specialist. Hourly offered at $19 - 21 per hour depending on experience.
· Hours are 9 - 3 Monday thru Thursday, there may be some variance, depending on work load for the day.
· We offer varied tasks; a respectful work environment, the opportunity to learn, grow, show your skills and build new ones.
· We also offer you a chance to be part of something new and exciting, helping people make healthier choices.
· Legally work in Canada
· Background in order picking/packing is an asset.
· Comfortable working in both FROZEN and NON FROZEN environment
· Ability to lift 50 lbs +
· Ability to organize, work on your own
· Willing to learn, adapt and adjust on the fly if needed – quick thinkers wanted
· Willing to adhere to all safety precautions – observation of all health, safety and sanitation practices.
· CSA approved safety shoes are mandatory at all times
· Picking frozen product from walk in freezer.
· Receiving of orders – auditing product as to spec, quality, correct weights, etc.
· Understanding of FIFO food storage rules when putting orders away, restocking and picking orders.
· Packing of orders – accuracy, speed, proper care and an eye for quality assurance required.
· Auditing of packed orders, inventory as needed – CSA approved safety shoes are mandatory at all times in warehouse area.
· Loading of company vehicle(s) for daily deliveries.
· Other tasks as assigned by management team.
The Location: ButcherBox.ca is based in south Mississauga, our main office is close to major bus routes, coffee shops, restaurants and there is a 24-hour gym nearby, too.
Why Should You Apply?
· A fun, respectful work environment, with room to grow
· Opportunity to showcase your current skill set, while learning new stuff, too
How Do You Apply?
If you think you have the “Food Factor”, send your resume and cover letter in response to this ad, today!
While we do thank all applicants, only those considered qualified will be contacted for a brief telephone interview. From that group, we will re contact those we would like to invite to a face to face interview and decisions will be made after all interviews have been completed.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 24-35 per week
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
Expected hours: 22 – 25 per week
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- refrigerated/frozen warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person