Under the direction of the Home and Community Care Manager, the Community Care Coordinator assesses client needs and determines eligibility for services according to government and local program guidelines. For those who are eligible, establishes and implements a multi-disciplinary plan of care and coordinates the services with community, hospitals, institutions, schools and the District on an ongoing basis. The Community Care Coordinator assists clients in accessing placement services and medical supplies and plans for alternate care when clients are not eligible for services.
- Baccalaureate Degree in a Health Related discipline (e.g. Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Social Work, Speech-language Pathology)
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in community health or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of community resources and roles of health professionals; excellent assessment, decision-making and priority setting skills; ability to demonstrate effective working relationships
- Case Management experience or recent related community experience a preferred asset
- Embedding the Healthlinks approach to care
- Experience with computers in a Windows environment (e.g. Microsoft Office and database programs)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal and client safety
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attendance is essential
- Bilingual in French an asset
- Proof of registration in applicable regulatory College.
- Proof of valid driver’s license.
- Personal transportation.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application by email, quoting competition number (NW19-05), to:
Human Resources, North West Local Health Integration Network
Fax: (807) 344-5639
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Community related: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Thunder Bay, ON (Preferred)
- registration in applicable regulatory College (Required)
- French language is an asset (Preferred)