We are looking for suitable candidates for Waitress/Waiter for our client a sit-down restaurant in North Battleford, SK.
This position is available to both Canadians and foreign nationals.
The employer has a valid LMIA for positions of a waitress/waiter (NOC 6513) and is approved under the SINP Hospitality Sector Project to support workers for permanent residence through the provincial nominee program.
The position is particularly suitable for candidates who can start work as soon as a new work permit is issued to them and who desire to obtain permanent residency in Canada.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS
- Fluent in English.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in a restaurant serving customers.
- Education: Grade 12 or foreign equivalent or higher.
- 19 year of age or older to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Preference will be given to foreign nationals currently located in Canada and have valid status.
- Willing to move to a small city (i.e. North Battleford, SK)
Full-time, year-round, shift work, including weekends in North Battleford, SK
Wage: Starting at $11.45 per hour plus gratuity
Extended medical benefits available after 3 months probation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent customer services.
- Greet customers and present menus.
- Make suggestions based on customer preferences.
- Write customers' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Take and serve food/drinks orders.
- Ensure tables are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Up-sell when appropriate.
- Arrange table settings.
- Keep tables clean and tidy at all times.
- Deliver checks and collect payments.
- Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff.
- Adhere to all relevant health rules/regulations and all customer service guidelines.
- Engage with customers in a friendly manner.
- Assist with regular inventory controls.
Apply to JP Matters Immigration Consulting with your complete resume. ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. Additional information will be provided to all selected qualified candidates.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $11.45 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Are you currently residing in Canada?
- serving: 1 year (required)