Role and Responsibilities:
· As an ambassador on behalf of the company establish and maintain good relationships with the owner(s), consultants, subcontractors and the field personnel assigned to a given project.
· Ensure that the client Health and Safety Program is fully implemented on the job site to the greatest extent possible.
· Ensure that the an adequate Quality Control plan and methodology is fully implemented on the job site.
· Ensure project profitability, schedule adherence and client satisfaction.
· Ensure that the site complies with client obligations.
· Maintain and or continue to develop the required skills, and increase general knowledge of the construction industry in order to be current and most effective. See company Policy on continued education.
· Deal fairly and effectively with trade Contractors, Subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that the client continuous to obtain competitive prices.
· Once assigned to a potential new project become fully familiar with all aspect of the project to review construction/Modernization issues, and prepare the final Modernization Budget based on the values committed to with the owner for Total accounting system
· Ensure and determine the status of the notices from the various Authorities having jurisdiction and that the various permits and approvals to proceed with modernization are in place.
· Upon the signing of the contract establish the Critical Path of the contract agreed upon Project Schedule with the assistance of the superintendent and key subcontractors.
· Upon approval of the Contract Schedule by the Client enhance the schedule with all activities required to produce the project.
· Carry out a thorough site review to establish the site working plan, evaluate all potential hazards on and adjacent to the site.
· Confirm general labour requirements not covered by the subcontract scope of works.
· Manage internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
· Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
· Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
· With administrative assistance set up the project cost control, filing system in accordance with the corporate Policy and Procedures manual.
· In consultation with the client set up the schedule for site meetings, method of billing and payment process, change order procedures and controls, shop drawing requirements and the submission schedule for same based on the Project Schedule.
· Manage project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
· Submit and follow up with company’s tenders on a weekly basis
· Build employee’s schedule for MOD
· Produce progress billing
· Budgeting, invoice and Requisition forms approval
· Build daily schedule for warehouse staff and drivers
· Cultivate business relationships with all clients, past and present, with the future in mind;
· Evaluate Client’s satisfaction;
The Project Manager will follow through, with the support of the site staff, to successfully execute the requirements of the contract and all of the contract document and in accordance with the client Policies and Procedures, It is expected that the project manager will attend the site on a regular basis as required to review the progress and support the client as required and remain fully cognizant of the status of the project in all regards such as but not limited to safety, potential problems, budget and schedule .
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be fluently bilingual in English and French, Oral and Written
- Post-Secondary education and/ or 2 years of working experience as PM
- Solid technical background
· Experience within the elevator field would be considered an asset
· Self-Motivated and able to work equally alone and as part of a team
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to coach, train and motivate employees.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task, take initiative and achieve results
· Computer skills with experience using Excel, Word , Outlook, MS project, TOTAL
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Project management: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person