Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
With a strong history of innovation for over 100+ years, we are Canada’s largest diversified natural resource company looking to reinvent ourselves. Being part of the RACE21™ team, you’ll be leading the charge of a company-wide renewal of technology and infrastructure – a high-tech transformation of mining into the next generation.
With the financial backing and commitment from our leadership, we envision a fully-integrated agile digital platform that will:
- Renew, Automate, and Connect material, processes, equipment flows, and data systems to expand and enable a broad application of advanced analytics, robotics, and artificial intelligence
- Empower our employees to unleash their creativity and innovation at work – increasing sustainability, safety, and performance in real time, unlocking resource base knowledge and improving planning for optimal resource extraction
We are world-class leaders in sustainability and safety – and we are building a better world for the next generation with lasting competitive advantages, from 2021 and beyond.
Reporting to Manager of Product, the Agile Coach, RACE21 spearheads the design and implementation of a cohesive strategy that will encourage our team to grow and deliver. The ideal candidate will be a true leader, seasoned in providing dynamic and innovative coaching for various RACE21™ squads. We are looking for a highly entrepreneurial problem solver who knows how to build, scale, and nurture a thriving Agile organization through comprehensive leadership.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Design and implement full Agile programs
- Provide Agile leadership coaching and training to Managers and Executives at our Vancouver location and at various Teck operational sites.
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters to achieve maximum team effectiveness
- Provide insight on the latest innovative thinking and ideas from the Agile community
- Provide hands-on mentorship for teams to guide an efficient approach to daily meetings, planning, collaboration, and managing workflow
- Provide leadership and instruction to multiple engineering teams
- Assist in professional development strategies
- Hands-on experience applying lean/Agile methodologies
- Excellent presentation, training and coaching skills
- Certified Scrum Master and Product Owner or equivalent
- 7+ years experience in SaaS/start-up organizations
- 4+ years of large-scale Agile coaching experience with methods such as Scrum or Kanban
- 2+ years experience in managing multiple teams
- Willing to travel up to 40% to our operational sites in the interior of British Columbia
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent