The Seasonal Associate will provide customer service by completing assigned tasks relating to maintaining a zoned and stocked salesfloor and offering assistance to meet the customer’s shopping needs. This will be accomplished by completing tasks as required to unload trailers, pull pallets to the floor, assist in the processing of merchandise, assisting customers throughout the store and maintaining and recovering merchandise; all in a safe and clean environment. This Associate will function as part of a team to strategically plan and execute duties based on workload and customer traffic patterns.
General responsibilities are listed below. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Ensures that safe work habits are being followed by:
- Covering an assigned area on the salesfloor
- Zoning assigned area
- Working recovery merchandise from the Customer Service desk and other areas of the store
- Assisting with Front End coverage as assigned
- Assisting in stocking the salesfloor
- Unloading and sorting general merchandise trailers
- Completing live unloading of other types of merchandise
- Adhering to standards and policies for cold chain compliance, thermometer calibrations, temperature recording, food handling, product rotation, sell-by dates, and expiration dates when assigned to a fresh area
- Rotating stock and checking for expired products when assigned to a fresh department.
- Pulling pallets of merchandise to the salesfloor for overnight processing as assigned
- Binning overstock merchandise as assigned
Ensures cleanliness through:
- Performing warm-up stretches prior to shift
- Being knowledgeable about emergency and safety procedures
- Following pallet jack and equipment safety procedures
- Following proper lifting techniques
- Maintaining a safe work area, free of excess debris and fixtures
- Following riser and ladder safety
- Being knowledgeable with lockout/tag out procedures
- Properly handling all liquid and chemical spills
- Maintaining a clean accessible fixture room
Demonstrates initiative and dependability by:
- Disposing of trash/boxes quickly
- Keeping a clean, hazard free work area
- Maintaining clean modulars
- Zoning departments
- Working well on his/her own and requiring very little supervision and follow-up
- Excelling in a team working environment
- Being flexible based on the freight flow and demand
Canada Walmart Division
Retail Store Associates
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Previous working experience in a Retail environment is an asset.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
The Associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The associate is regularly required to walk/move, bend, twist, or squat. The associate must constantly lift/move objects weighing at least 18 kg (40 lbs.) and up to 36 kg (80 lbs.) The associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping. The associate will be involved in tasks that require repetitive foot actions (climbing), and reaching above the shoulder as well as below the waist level. The associate will be required to demonstrate sufficient coordination by performing tasks such as placing and screwing a small washer or bolt, etc. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
SA: 12:00am - 12:00pm
SU: 12:00am - 12:00pm
MO:12:00am - 12:00pm
TU: 12:00am - 12:00pm
WE:12:00am - 12:00pm
TH: 12:00am - 12:00pm
FR: 12:00am - 12:00pm
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.