Reports to: General Manager
The Office Manager’s key accountabilities include ensuring timely completion of all administrative, financial, and reporting tasks and duties of a location. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: training and managing cash office associates (this may involve participating in the daily cash reconciliation), overseeing the coding and processing of all invoices, and ensuring financial reports are delivered on time to location managers and home office departments.
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports for Operations, Regional VP and Home Office as needed and ensuring that all reports are delivered on time.
- Supervising the operation of the Cash Office, including daily verification of cash reconciliation and deposits, daily sales reporting, investigating and resolving cash register polling issues and deposit discrepancies, and scheduling and training cash office staff.
- Responsible for completing weekly perpetual report to maintain accurate book inventory levels. Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (specifically with formulas).
- Overseeing and participating in all accounts payable and accounts receivable duties, including order placements, invoice processing, and accruals.
- Working with Warehouse team to ensure all receiving is properly processed. Following up with discrepancies and pending credits. * Coordinating with Operations and Warehouse to process markdowns and transfers.
- Reconciling and reporting petty cash and expenses.
- Working with Operations to ensure proper counts are completed in the store each day for high value/theft items. Assisting with receiving and securing high value/theft product.
- Reconciling monthly stock ledger and ensuring month-end duties and reporting are completed.
- Participating in and reconciling annual physical inventory count and periodic department inventory counts.
- General office work, including phone calls, letters, faxes and filing.
- Ordering of store and office supplies.
- Assisting with payroll edits and other entry-level HR tasks when required
- Assisting with cash register operation and cash outs during peak times when required, while providing excellent customer service to our traveling public.
- Maintaining open and positive communication with Hudson Group management and the National Support Center.
- Flexible to work periodic long and/or irregular hours including early mornings, weekends and holidays.
Please note that this role is not solely limited to the duties and responsibilities as outlined above and may change with the needs of the business or at the direction of senior management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of computer proficiency including Microsoft Excel is required
- Highly skilled in organizing an office environment with proven ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Excellent time-management skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to give clear instructions and be persistent with follow up
- Able to work well under pressure and amongst distractions
- Payroll and scheduling experience is an asset
- Previous supervisory and/or management experience strongly preferred
- As we are in an airport environment, must be flexible to work a schedule which may include weekends, holidays, split days off,and early shifts/extra hours as required
- Must be able to obtain an airport Restricted Area Pass
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent; Associates degree or above preferred
- Previous office and supervisory experience
You can expect from us:
- Health, Dental, and RRSP benefits coverage after 90 days
- Opportunity for growth and advancement in the company
- Paid parking
- A team-oriented and engaging environment
Headquartered in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Hudson Group is the largest duty-paid travel retailer in North America. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of international duty-free travel retailer Dufry AG (DUFN) of Basel, Switzerland. Hudson Group operates over 700 newsstands, cafes, and specialty retail shops in 70 airports and transportation terminals in North America. Dufry operates over 1,400 stores in 45 countries and 180 airports and transportation terminals around the world.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 /year