Malton Neighbourhood Services (MNS) is a non-profit charitable organization providing settlement and community supportive services since 1975. MNS recognizes the diversity of its community and is committed to the development, creation, and promotion of opportunities for those it serves. Through strong connections with residents, service providers and other stakeholders and a commitment to working together, MNS is developing a highly integrated service delivery network.
Board of Directors
We are currently seeking to fill a few Board Member positions. Board members are responsible for strategic oversight of MNS operations and ensuring sustainability and excellence in service. Interested and qualified individuals who are passionate about community service are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants with over 5 years of experience volunteering and/or working in a non-profit environment plus expertise in Human Resources, Law, Finance and Accounting, and Community Development.
Please note this is a volunteer position and requires a commitment of 6 hours/month.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to exercise leadership skills by participating in the governance and strategic decision-making processes of the organization.
- Personal and professional growth.
- A platform to network with people who have the same passion for local community social services in a positive team-oriented environment.
- Attend monthly board meetings (3rd Wednesday Evenings) and sub-committee meetings.
- Guide the organization towards a sustainable future establishing the strategic direction.
- Ensure compliance for legal, financial, and contractual obligations.
- Ensure policies reflect community and membership.
- Provide guidance and support to the Executive Director.
Required Skill Set:
- Expertise in HR, Law, Finance and Accounting, or Community Development is a major asset
- Team Player
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Committed and Reliable
- Demonstrated Leadership Roles
- Understanding of Board Governance Practices
- Proficient, Written and Verbal Communication
- Knowledge of the Malton Community and MNS
- Residence within the Malton Community
- 5 years experience in a non-profit environment
- English (Required)
- French (Major Asset)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email. MNS is currently seeking Board Members to fill five vacancies on our Board of Directors. We thank all interested volunteers; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
MNS is committed to accessible hiring practices. Upon request, accommodation for applications with disabilities is available. If you are applying for this position and require accommodation, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer