SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE
To achieve the professional set up/service/clearing of banquets in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
1. Set up banquet room as instructed by Supervisor to include linen, service ware and glassware.
2. Set up tables as per function sheet achieving professional and uniform presentation of all items.
3. Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including menu items, method and order of service and guest and hotel expectations.
4. Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
5. Serve food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
6. Prepare mise en place items observing preparation and storage methods.
7. Scrape food debris and correctly stack china, load glass racks, cutlery trays at the wash-up area in order to contribute to the efficiency of the wash-up area and minimize breakage.
8. Abide by all Provincial, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
9. Be competent in wine/drink table service subject to meeting minimum age requirements related to service of alcohol and being certified in service of alcohol.
10. Replenish beverages as necessary and seek feedback from with guests.
11. Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Supervisor’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
12. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
13. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
2. Responsible beverage service certification is required.
3. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
4. Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
5. Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
6. Can communicate well with guests.
7. Must have the ability to communicate in English.
8. Always maintain a professional appearance and manner.
GENERAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To adhere to all matters relating to hygiene, health, safety, emergency procedures and the Property Crisis Communication Plan.
2. Greet or acknowledge all guests employing the Ten Foot Rule.
3. To carry out any reasonable request.
4. To provide exceptional customer service.
5. To work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner.
6. To be a “salesperson” by active promotion of property facilities and company/property specific promotions.
7. To assist with team member orientation/training within the department.
8. To maintain standards of punctuality, uniform and dress code.
9. To be aware of and comply with hotel policies and procedures.
10. To comply with WHMIS regulations and all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
11. To attend meetings as requested and to recognize the importance of contributing new ideas and initiative to the overall success of the operation.
12. To keep your work area clean and tidy.
13. To ensure the use of personal protective equipment as appropriate.
14. To contribute to the security of the building, company assets and guest/co-worker safety with full adherence to security procedures with proper handling of keys/cash as appropriate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitehorse, YT: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person