Cleans and services all Grand River Transit (GRT) buses, Mobility PLUS vehicles, and support vehicles, including supervisors' vans and fleet support vehicles/equipment. Works straight shifts, including, afternoons, nights, and straight weekends, and may transfer to other Regional work locations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Reading, writing, math, and communication skills acquired through a grade 12 education, and 1 year of experience servicing various vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to follow/knowledge of corporate policies/procedures and legislation related to vehicle servicing (e.g., Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, Highway Traffic Act).
- Ability to work independently (subject to review by supervisor) and refer to supervisor for changes in parking assignments and bus delays due to repairs, and to technicians for difficult repairs.
- Must hold a valid Class DZ driver's license and acceptable driving record to operate Regional vehicles.
- Must provide an acceptable Police Information Check (Level 2) for bondability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to read fuel and mileage cards and defect reports. Ability to document defects.
- Ability to support and project the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Dec 31, 2020 quoting competition number 2020-1123.