Who we are:
At Reitmans (Canada) Limited (RCL), every moment of every day revolves around our customers and our love of fashion. We believe fashion empowers our customers to put their best foot forward when it matters the most. From the design table to the stores and our digital channels, we are always finding new ways to create memorable customer experiences, backed by a strong brand portfolio and powered by the most passionate people in the industry.
As a member of our fashion design department, you are part of the team who crafts our collections and elevates our brand and promise to our customer. The Design Assistant supports the Design team in product development and the translation of fashion trends to meet the needs of our target customer.
What you do:
Requirements :Who you are:
- Manages and documents all aspects of sample management in the system
- Creates and executes design sketches
- Assists in the preparation of seasonal color cards
- Assists in preparing concepts, sketches and presentations
- Creates and updates collection boards
- Prepares fabric trims, hand-offs and follow-ups with Global Sourcing
- Prepares merchandising boards and design line sheets
- College diploma in Fashion Design
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
- Excellent fashion sense
- Excellent knowledge of Illustrator
- Ability to interact with various departments
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Reitmans (Canada) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees - their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for providing an accessible candidate experience.