We are looking for a passionate tutor who has a strong background in Mathematics and Science and can tutor elementary and high-school students. Candidates should be familiar with the elementary and high-school curriculum, including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Functions, Calculus, etc. Applicants do not have to be interested in tutoring all Maths/Sciences, but those who are able to do so will be preferred. Please read through the entire posting before applying. This position will be completely remote and all tutoring will be done online. Please make sure to provide a list of subjects you can tutor in your cover letter.
Why Work With Us?
- Flexible working hours - you make your schedule!
- Work from the comfort of your home
- Great experience for new teachers or teacher candidates.
- An opportunity to nspire and mentor students
- Provide online Math and Science tutoring sessions through an online learning platform (Zoom) to elementary and high-school students.
- Observe and evaluate student's skill level to determine progress and work towards improvement.
- Work alongside parents/guardians to create a personal academic plan or timeline for the student.
- Help students in their areas of need such as homework completion, getting ahead in class, learning new concepts, etc.
- Be able to relate to the student and act as a mentor to them.
- Fluent in English
- Currently enrolled in or completed a Bachelor's Degree (B.Ed or a Math/Science related field).
- Prior tutoring or teaching experience in Ontario is required.
- Good knowledge of the Ontario math and science curriculum.
- Have access to Zoom on a computer and a stable internet connection.
- Be available during evenings on school days and weekends.
Tutors can create their own schedules based on client preference and personal preference. Tutors can accept and decline tutoring opportunities but should be available to work with a minimum of 3-4 clients.
The specific subjects you need to be familiar with for this position include the following elementary and high school subjects:
- Grade 1-8: Science, Mathematics
- Grade 9-10: Science, Mathematics
- Grade 11: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Functions
- Grade 12: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Advanced Functions, Calculus & Vectors, Data Management
- Additional subjects (English, French, Computer Science) are also an asset!
How to Apply
- Please do not email your resumes or call to apply: Only applicants who apply via Indeed will be considered.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the position.
- In your cover letter, please provide a list of subjects (and grade levels) you are comfortable tutoring in Math/Science or any additional subjects.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- What subjects and grade levels are you able to tutor? (i.e. Math Grades 1-8, Biology Grades 11-12)
- Secondary School (required)
- Math/Science Tutoring: 2 years (preferred)