Harvey McKinnon Associates are currently seeking a highly motivated Junior Graphic Designer who is a responsible team player with self-driven abilities. You will possess a strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and have exceptional attention to detail. An ideal candidate will be a creative thinker who is highly motivated to learn the best practices in direct response design. You will come to have an understanding of material costs and time limits - all of which can impact the design. You will welcome constructive feedback on your work while performing duties as a mac operator working towards a role with more creative freedom. You will be very much a part of our creative brainstorm sessions and encouraged to share ideas.
While working under the guidance of the Lead Graphic Designer, the Junior Designer will work with Account Managers and Copywriters to produce outstanding direct mail fundraising packs and online campaigns. The primary focus of this position is layout design - taking pride in creating cost-effective, quality artwork. You will learn to understand direct response design for print and online, and more specifically fundraising direct response.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Formal design education (or equivalent experience) and at least 1 year workplace experience.
- Ability to handle design projects from layout to production-ready artwork.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, a demanding workload, and stick to deadlines.
- Working knowledge of MAC OS.
- Strong knowledge of color theory, layout and design, typography and prepress (preferably across interactive media).
- Up-to-date working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, CSS and Content Management Systems like WordPress.
- Ability to proof your own work and exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in direct response design a strong asset.
- Web development; designing and developing email campaigns, banners, and viral campaigns an asset.
Salary is based on experience - please submit your salary expectations. Our compensation package includes excellent medical benefits, profit-sharing, and four weeks’ paid holiday. Please send your resumé, cover letter and a link to your portfolio. Must be able to provide at least 2 references upon request.
Harvey McKinnon Associates is a respected direct response fundraising company. We use our skills in fundraising, copywriting and design to help clients build their income and continue their important work.
For more information visit www.harveymckinnon.com
Location: Our offices are in Vancouver and Toronto.
Only those resumés that are accompanied by cover letters, a link to your portfolio, are free from spelling and grammatical errors, and have stated salary expectations will be considered.
No phone calls please.
Visit us at www.harveymckinnon.com
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- workplace: 1 year (Required)