Job title :IMMUNIZATION NURSE – CRESTON
Facility :CRESTON HEALTH CENTRE
Interior Health have immediate openings for casual Registered Nurses, with related immunization experience to support COVID-19 immunization programs.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, and under the general direction of the Manager (or designate) and in collaboration with Public Health Nurses, the Public Health Immunization Nurse provides predetermined immunization(s) to children and adults in various community settings. Community settings can include schools, non-health unit locations and/or designated on-site clinics. Targeted immunization programs are defined as immunization clinics set up for the purpose of delivering a specific predetermined immunization(s) to a defined group of people.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Assesses client’s eligibility for publicly funded vaccine, screens for contraindications to vaccine and obtains informed consent as per established policies and procedures.
2. Administers the required vaccine in accordance with established guidelines.
3. Counsels clients with regard to ‘after care” and possible adverse events.
4. Completes required documentation including data collection.
5. Observes for and assists PHN Coordinator in the management of fainting, anaphylaxis or other immediate reactions.
6. Maintains vaccine cold chain and appropriate disposal of sharps.
7. Assists with set up and dismantling of clinic.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a casual opportunity. Casual means that hours are not guaranteed and may vary. We anticipate shift times to include day and evening shifts from 08:30-16:30 and 12:00-20:00.
If you are a Registered Nurse who takes pride in having a strong work ethic, excellent communication, critical thinking skills and has experience with administering immunizations, then we would love to hear from you. Join our team and make a difference in the lives of others!
** RN’s are required to complete the BCCDC COVID-19 Immunization Competency Course in order to assist with vaccinations. **
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and some related experience with immunization and community settings.
Current valid B.C. Driver’s License
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.